Now that frenetic February is coming to an end I have had some time to catch up with my projects.
Remember this?
Remember this?

It became this.......

It is a tea cosy for Angie who very generously hosts us at her house every Monday fortnight. The girls all suggested that, as I like making cosies, Angie should get one. I should have thought of it myself! Robyn helped me choose the fabrics from my stash and voila! The design was inspired by a cosy I saw on the Pink Penguin blog. This design is made specifically for Angie who loves to include black in many of her projects, and the other colours suit her kitchen.
And here is the back with a sample of the lining fabric. These pieces were all pre-cut for a project that I decided not to pursue.
And here is the back with a sample of the lining fabric. These pieces were all pre-cut for a project that I decided not to pursue.

And my 6" square is finally finished

And the next one is ready to go. I chose these colours all by myself (a big deal for a colour coward like me!).

And lastly, after a visit to GJ's 25% off sale I couldn't resist the Rouenneries fabric. I bought a sample amount and have placed them strategically in my room so that I can just look at them. I think maybe a table runner. I have seen so many lovely ones on all the blogs I scan but I can't remember where to find them. I will enjoy these fabrics until the right project finds me - which it undoubtedly will.

8 comments:
Hi, nice blog. Just wanted you to know that yes that was a mischievous rumor. Patchwork on Central Park is just up for sale, definitely not closing down, if not sold I will keep it going as normal.
Cheers,
Lynn
Thanks for the visit Lynn and I am glad we are not losing another shop. I am not in that part of town very often but when I am I always pop in. You have a lovely store and I might have to come in and get some of that lovely red, black and grey daisy.
I love the colors in your 6 inch squares.
Thanks for sharing your lovelies with us. Both blocks appear to be made by a "color confident." Now if we, here in the US, just drank tea brewed in teapots, we'd be making cosies too!
Your tea cozy for Angie is so beautiful I'm sure she will absolutely love it! Thank you for letting me know that you've been inspired by my tea cozies. I think yours is much more professionally made and very original. Thanks for inspiration!
Hi Elyte,
I'm your partner in the Ugly Fat Quarter Swap. Looking forward to what you challenge me with!
Hugs
Jo
Love the tea cosy, hope it found a great home! :)
Post a Comment