ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bluegum is back!

It has been so busy lately with our overseas visitors, birthdays and work but here we go.

Our monthly group, The Bluegum Quilters, had their first meeting for the year on Saturday. It was such a treat to be back and everyone seemed to share the sentiment.
I must apologise for not being a very good reporter. So busy chatting the camera didn't get much exercise. But, to tell the truth, everyone was in the same frame of mind. Lots of chatting and sitting around discussing holidays and family and not many projects to be seen. I will show you a sneak peek of what was going on.......

Sharon showed us her quilt made for her son in law. He plays the didgeridoo and this quilt has a definite aboriginal flavour. I think it really captures the heat of central Australia.


Heather was working on these when she wasn't chatting


Judith has made a lot of quilts for others and she will be teaching us the "Quilt as you go" method next month.


Robyn finished her "Santa Sack" for Christmas and brought it in to show us.


Sylvia finished Annie's quilt for her and Annie is over the moon. She was having so much trouble with the quilting and Sylvia kindly took it and finished it. It is now ready to be presented as a 21st gift next Wednesday and Annie can wean herself off the stress pills!


Heather finished two quilt tops for her children.



And I am very happy to tell you that I won one of the prizes in the monthly raffle and these cute little socks are now mine. I don't win much so it is a real treat to win a prize.


And I finished the weekend with a family birthday party. All my husband's family was reunited and we celebrated a 50+ and a 2 year old birthday. It was a gorgeous day and we were all very happy to be together again with only one sister unable to attend and living in Canada.

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

cute socks!
oh I love those cathedral window blocks, perfect size for a pincushion!!!
great santa sacks, thats a wonderful "green" idea instead of wrapping paper.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Kathie