ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shopping Day

On Saturday we drove across town to the Sandlyn House closing down sale. Most items were 40% off. This shop was always bursting with stock......



But not today. There were lots of spaces on the shelves and signs showing discounted prices


Lots of quilts for sale



Including this lovely strippy one done in the QAYG style with the seams to the back. We were all examining this one very closely. I was interested to see how bulky the seams were. The bulk I could definitely live with and intend trying this method in the future. By the way Angie is behind this quilt kindly holding it up for me.


And these little guys could be homeless!


And then I started picking up this and that. On the left is a "flat" jelly roll I bought a few years ago. It is earmarked for a project for which I need a background. A lovely lady suggested I look at the blue. Well I did and bought 2 metres but not sure if I will use it with these. There is a lighter fabric I have that might work better but we will see. Lots of new little rolls which will find a good home with me. The members of the Stash Family are waiting at home to meet them.


Oh, and these caught my eye. Not many left so I bought them too.


This is our friend Christine, on the right, who works at the shop. I am actually purchasing but very aware of the camera. Christine is making small talk like a real actress. Note empty shelves in the back ground.


And of course lunch! We were starving and Christine suggested a cafe that served very nice food. The waitress was in a foul mood and became our topic of conversation. Luckily another, very sweet, waitress took this photo while we were laughing with the young chefs behind the counter.


We drove Christine back to the shop, bought a few more things and Angie got a free table to take home. All in all, we had a lovely day but it is always sad when the nice shops close down.

No comments: