ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Little Sewing Done

Despite celebrating many birthdays, overseas guests, lots of eating out and late nights a little bit of sewing has been done.

At our Monday sewing group I was playing with my 6" squares. After our shopping trip a week ago I bought some new fabrics and am pleased with the results. Not perfect but definitely moving in the right direction. Not quite finished but well on the way.


And I have been using the B&W function on the camera, which I forgot that I had, to check the contrast.

Anne is joining me in making the 6" scrap squares but she is well ahead of me. She is using the left overs from her Pies and Tarts project.




Sylvia is trying to move some of her greens in these Drunkard's Path blocks.


Robyn is still working on the Mariner's Compass project with our "healthy" supper in the background.


Angie is still working on designs for her students' quilts. She works with intellectually disabled pre-schoolers and wants some bright small quilts for them to play with.


And during the week this arrived from The Book Depository in the UK. Books are very expensive in Australia and this was a very good buy. A lovely book filled with historical information, colour and design advice, small projects and lots of pictures. Kathleen also has a wonderful post on her blog, A Sentimental Quilter, about colour choice and design. Well worth a read for us colour cowards.

No comments: