ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, July 30, 2010

What's New?


I've been staying away from the computer and concentrating on work. Consequently I do not have not much to show you.

Here are a few bits and pieces from the last week and a half.

My bi-monthly fabric samples from Somerset Patchwork arrived last week. These are from the World's Fair Collection (c. 1890's) By Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics. Always love finding this package in the letter box.


Last Friday we went to the Craft and Quilt Fair. We had a lovely day and met up with some fellow bloggers. This was totally unexpected and unplanned but a wonderful surprise. I met Linda from Quilts in the Barn and if you look at her blog you will see some very beautiful quilts from the show. If you look down far enough you will see photos of Sue-Anne, Marg Low and me and a few more lovely quilters. Sue-Anne also has some photos of us and the show.

I really do not need any fabrics but couldn't resist buying just a few. I did buy a novel by Margaret Rowe. Margaret is a local Melbourne girl who has written two novels about Australian quilters learning about their patchwork heritage. Her third book is due out in October and if anyone is interested she can be contacted at rowekeys01@optusnet.com.au. I haven't read it yet so I can't give you my thoughts.


Last week the mail man also brought me this pack of Vintage Sheet fat quarters. I participated in a swap hosted by Ange. She has posted a few ideas on her blog for ways of using these but I might just put them away for a while.



My only bit of sewing is one more Farmer's Wife block - Cats and mice.


Another newie is my make shift design wall. My husband put some hooks up in my sewing room and there hangs a large flannel sheet. I am testing the design wall with my Jelly Roll Sampler blocks.


I have also done a little more work on Ali's quilt.
Tomorrow I will clean my sewing machine and give it some much needed exercise.
(I also hope to get some advice on how to take a reasonable photo!)

Oooops! Nearly forgot to show you the gift my son brought me from Amsterdam. A bundle of lovely fabrics with a bookmark that has the quilt design instructions on the back.

And with these was a jar of delicious raspberry jam from the Borough Markets in London.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Some very nice fabrics there Elyte and I enjoyed seeing you on Sue-Anne's blog. The sampler quilt is looking good as is the new Farmer's Wife block. Hope you get lots of sewing time tomorrow.
Love Shirley.x

marina said...

Love the civil war fabrics.
Sounds like you had a good time at the quilt show.
Your jelly roll blocks are coming along too.
What a considerate son to buy you those fabrics. The colours are beautiful.
Happy sewing!

Julia said...

What great fabrics Elyte.
The blocks look great on the design wall..isn't that wall a great idea to have, so you can stand back and look at them..What a thoughful son to buy you those fabrics...and jam.
Julia ♥

Barbara J said...

Love those fabrics Elyte. Also the links and pics from the Quilt show.

Nice gift from your son and very appropriate too I might add :)

And your design wall ... brilliant!

Sue-Anne said...

You have acquired some gorgeous fabrics there Elyte! You will have to let me know what you think of the novel you bought. We saw the author at the Show but seeing as I am really into Elm Creek books at the moment, I thought I would wait a while before starting another series.

Oddbjørg said...

Wow, so many beautiful fabrics! I look forward to see what you will make.
Have a nice weekend!