ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day Out and Farmer's Wife Update


Saturday morning at 9.15 am four of us set out on unfamiliar roads to find the Quilt In in Melton.

I drove and Robyn was my navigator. We had the road map and directions downloaded from the "Trip Planner". Just over half way into our trip Robyn confessed she had no idea where we were. She was sacked immediately. Chris offered to be navigator and she got the job. With only one stop along the way to check our maps we reached our destination.

We were warmly welcomed and found ourselves in a hall almost full to capacity. We found four chairs amongst some girls from Geelong on one side and two from the Daylesford Spa Quilters on the other.

We received goodie bags, bought raffle tickets, met new friends and shared our stories. And all the while we kept stitching. We listened to Eileen Campbell tell her story and show her quilts, some of which have won international awards. Our day was very enjoyable and many thanks to the organisers,

Sorry it wasn't a "photo" sort of day but this apron was in my goodie bag.

When you go out for a quilt related outing, do you come home full of enthusiasm to make something? That's how I felt last night and made this little note book cover using Marg Low's pattern and a Theodora Cleave button. Have been wanting to make something like this for ages and last night was the right time. My scalloped edges are probably more subtle than I intended but I am happy with the result. This is a practice piece for something else on the drawing board.



And lastly, a Farmer's Wife update. I think I have been drawn to the Dark Side...

Butterfly at the Crossroads (What does that mean?)


Buzzard's Roost



Will start moving back to the light I think.


5 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Elyte,
I am laughing at you and your navigators. I went to Cornwall last year with a friend and I was the navigator, we were looking for a left turn and my friend spotted it at the last minute, the car did a 90 degree turn on two wheels. My glasses came off and the map shot up in the air. It was the funniest thing and we laughed so hard we both cried for about 10 minutes. We had to pull over. Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves once you got there. Like the button on the notebook. You need dark as well as light to make a quilt look good and it will be great. I am definitely needing to catch up now.
Shirley.x

Sue-Anne said...

I'm pleased you had a fun day out and came home all inspired. Your journal cover looks fantastic and I love your Farmer's Wife blocks - especially the names given to them!

Julia said...

Your navigator sounds a bit like me...only I can never reverse the directions to get back home, so we get lost...but it's a lot of fun!
Good that you had a great time.
Your journal cover looks great, love the button.
Love your blocks too...yes you need a mix of both light and dark, it's going to be lovely!
Julia ♥

marina said...

Getting lost is all part of the fun!
Sounds like a great weekend!
(rotten computer won't upload the photos! Aagh.
Maybe if I kick the computer?)
will try again later.

marina said...

Woo Hoo have seen the photos!
I like the new blocks and the button is very effective.
cheers
Marina