ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Catch Up


On my previous blog I talked about Ali's quilt and I am pleased to say that I have started working on the sashiko again. Still feel as though I am swimming up stream , but nevertheless, I am swimming...

Have had to do some catch up on the Jelly Roll project. The new block comes out tomorrow and I am back on track. There was a little bit of unpicking involved but nothing too serious.

Block number 9...


and number 8.


In anticipation of Christmas, I sent off to Hatched and Patched for these items. Lots of lovely little projects that will make great little gifts, and some crushed walnut shells for a woollen pincushion project the Jo sent me earlier this year.


Yesterday was our monthly Bluegum sewing day and Judy made her version of a lovely little bag that Jo also sent me. You can buy the pattern from Jo.


Heather runs the group and we celebrated a special birthday with her as well as a sort of Christmas in July. I found some battery operated chinese lanterns at a party supply shop. We had delicious sandwich fingers, sausage rolls, shortbread, vanilla slices, home-made pavlovas, Lindt chocolates in a Christmas Bon Bon (Hatched and Patched pattern) and two cakes. Heather brought a decorated fruit cake, adorned with a cute little quilt, which was given to her as a gift. We ate the chocolate cake and sent the special cake home with her.


Here are some of the delicious sausage rolls. Any of you who visit Julia's wonderful blog, may know that her son Joe is a chef. This is one of his recipes - chicken and chorizo sausages rolls (minus the cheese) and I will definitely be making them again.


Now, back to work (the one that pays the bills).

Happy 4th July to all the American bloggers.

6 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Looks like a nice day with quilt-y friends, especially when you have yummies like those! Thanks for happy Fourth of July wishes. It's quiet and rainy at my house today.

Julia said...

Oh yum Elyte...looks like a great time you all had..Love the bag and the blocks..
I really need to make those sausage rolls..
Julia ♥

marina said...

What a great get together and celebration.
Your blocks look lovely and glad you have taken on the sashiko again. Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns.
Don't work too hard (paid work that is)
cheers
Marina

Shirley said...

Hi Elyte,
Looks like a great party you were having there.
I have that book on my list, have not yet found it here. Well done on the catch up, I have several projects that need some serious attention.
Love Shirley.x

Barbara J said...

That's a lovely Birthday spread! Yeap it's Christmas in July :)

Your blocks are looking good! Hatched and Patched makes the cutest wool kits and I'm lucky my friend gave me Larry the Lamb of which is now my pincushion :)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Jo's bag pattern is the best little bag...I have made one and its a favourite! Those sausage rolls look yummy!
Lisa ʚϊɞ