I wasn't going to show my purchases because I bought way too much, but as I have no remorse I better 'fess up. I even went with a shopping list!
These I bought at Drapers, the first shop that we visited. I was looking for background fabrics and the fat quarters just caught my eye. The green one on the bottom was bought in anticipation of Christmas.

These I bought at Honeysuckle - the red was in the little quilt on the wall and I thought it looked smashing so I got some. Backgrounds again and some purple and grey.

After lunch we visited Li' Blokes patchwork shop. Yes, this entrance is as narrow as it looks. It was a lovely store filled to capacity, every nook and cranny with something colourful and attractive. You can imagine 18 of us in here!

Lots of patterns, baskets, dolls, quilts, ribbons, fabrics on bolts, in packs, in fat quarters, in rolls - you name it they had it! It would drive me nuts working in such a confined space. And like most shop owners, they knew where everything was.

I found a quilt hanger for my little quilt that is near completion and some rolls of red which were cheaper if you bought 3. I'm no fool! And I finally found some YLI quilting cotton (actually from another shop but included here).

From here we visited the Bendigo Art Gallery for the Fred McCubbin exhibition. He was an Australian Impressionist painter who painted in and around Melbourne and this exhibition featured his work during the early 1900's.

This was the courtyard of the gallery.

We then went to our motel, had a lovely dinner and a trivia night hosted by two members of our group.
The next day we drove to Maldon (39kms or 24 miles) to The Village Patch. Again we were warmly welcomed and spent our time wandering the aisles and selecting our purchases.

There were so many bags and quilts to look at and no shortage of fabric.

Yes, I bought here as well but the goods have now gone to a new home.

Then we just wandered the main street of Maldon, that was lined with cafes, antique shops, a lovely (expensive) French Linen shop, galleries and giftware boutiques.

We had lunch just down here on the left at Beryman's Cafe, then re-boarded the bus and started the journey home.

I think I have finally recovered and fallen back into routine again.
7 comments:
I am green with envy! Those fabrics that you purchased are just delicious!
Love those fabrics! What a wonderful weekend you must have had. I have been to Lil blokes patchwork shop and it is just fantastic but definitely need to breath in when you go there.
Beautiful.
Confession is good for the soul Elyte!! It sounds like you had a great time away and I am not so sure that I could be so restrained with all that tempation on offer. I shall look forward to seeing what becomes of your purchases.
Love Shirley.x
It sounds like a great trip, lots to see and buy! Love the hanger.
Hugs
Jo
It looks as though you have had a wonderful weekend away. Love all your purchases and I especially loved all those little quilts from your previous post.
You can never have enough background fabrics Elyte..
you bought well..gorgeous fabrics!
Julia ♥
I love the name of your blog...you're a girl after my own heart!!
Post a Comment