Today eight of us travelled up the Hume Highway to Violet Town for the inaugural Quilt Airing. We drove for just under 2 hours and started our day by visiting the Violet Town market. It was a beautiful autumn day and we strolled around the market buying lots of yummy food, some plants and sheep manure (luckily it didn't smell bad, just "organic").
We made our way to the community centre where many lovely quilts were displayed. It was a very small space and difficult to take photos.
This one was inspired by Kitty Pippen.

I couldn't get a full shot of this one but I liked the way each gift in the border was decorated in a different style. A nice idea for Christmas.

There were several traders in the adjoining hall and I met Marg Low of Marg Low Designs. I have been admiring her work on numerous blogs and was very glad of the opportunity to meet her. Her stall was very artistically and elegantly set out and I came away with some lovely things. I have started collecting bird designs and found hers to be very cute.

Quilts also lined the wide main street of Violet Town. There were quilts everywhere and this is just a very small sample.

Quilts also lined the wide main street of Violet Town. There were quilts everywhere and this is just a very small sample.

After some lunch and coffee, we left Violet Town and travelled another 1/2 hour to Shepparton for the Goulburn Valley Quilters' exhibition.
This quilt was made in the Quilt As You Go style - one triangle pieced and one left full. You might notice the reverse side is colourful with the unpieced triangle directly behind the strippy front triangle. Very effective design.

This quilt was made in the Quilt As You Go style - one triangle pieced and one left full. You might notice the reverse side is colourful with the unpieced triangle directly behind the strippy front triangle. Very effective design.

Still love these hexagons and guard mine with care until I can set them out on a large design wall.

Something pretty and pleasing to finish off the day before the long journey home.


2 comments:
Looks like a great day! I am just a little bit envious!!
I love the convergence quilt, I've made a small one, but would love to make a bigger one like the one you have pictured.
Lots of inspiration there! I have Marg's Red Robin pattern too, very sweet!
Post a Comment