ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Jelly Roll block and a new direction

Last night I finished my first block for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along 2010 being hosted by Moose on the Porch quilts. I am using an old Moda range by the Kansas Troubles Quilters called Autumn Journey. I purchased it online almost three years ago and finally the perfect project has popped up.


And here are my two finished 6" squares auditioning on point for a place in a new project!*#!*

We have a change in direction with this project. We had our monthly Bluegum Quilters meeting today. Some ladies did a QAYG workshop and others (myself included) just sewed and chatted. Annie brought her "Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" book for 6" block suggestions. We all OOOOhed and AAAAAAhed. Then Robyn suggested "We should make all these blocks, starting from page 1". And that's how it started. 111 blocks 6" blocks @ 1 per month - 91/4 years. This is a conservative estimate as we all have other things going as well.
A bulk book order and we are off. Are we mad?


2 comments:

Linda said...

Like your colours in the jelly roll block.
I too have i/4 yd pieces of Kansas troubles that I picked up for a quilt that new=ver happened. This looks like fun.

ann hermes said...

I love the new block; gonna have to try that for a mini quilt.