ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's a New Year

I never intended to stop blogging and I don't really know why I did.
I know now that I missed it.
I seemed to be more productive then.
A New Year seems like a good time to start again.
Just one blog post at a time ......

There have been a few finishes.
Our quilt group had an exhibition in November 2017 and that provided good motivation.
I finished my Scrappy Nine Patch.
Inspired by a quilt seen on the Temecula Quilt blog (a Primitive Gatherings pattern), it was machine pieced and professionally quilted. Mine are finished 1" squares and not the 1/2" squares of the original pattern.


And I did finish my Broken Dishes Quilt.
Well, it still needs some quilting in the border and a label but it is already in use.
Hand pieced and hand quilted, only the borders were sewn by machine.




My current project is a scrappy French General disappearing nine patch. Anticipated deadline is February 18th this year.


Let's see what the New Year brings.
No promises, no resolutions.
Best wishes for a wonderful, happy and healthy 2019.

8 comments:

Pink Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Loved seeing your wonderful quilts! Other forms of social media seem to have overshadowed blogging. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!

Sue SA said...

Welcome back! I try to post once a week, and preload my posts when I have time to work on them. Makes blogging easier and keeps me going - because the easy of IG is too tempting, but like you I find I am more productive if I blog!
Love seeing your FG disappearing 9 patch - I have just finished a FG quilt and lots of left overs, so this is a perfect idea for the scraps, thank you. Your scrappy 9 patch is amazing, love Temecula quilts, they really inspire me too.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Elyte wow love your broken dishes quilt,lovely finish and your scrappy nine patch will look fantastic. Also a big Thankyou for my lovely 12 days of Xmas gifts,I loved them all. Happy New Year xx

Oddbjørg said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year! Love Your quilts!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Your quilts are fabulous...well done...

kiwikid said...

Welcome back, your quilts are beautiful, congrats on the finishes.

marina said...

Lovely to see a post pop up!
Love all your finishes and I don’t know how I didn’t get to take at least one home? Your patience and colour skills are amazing