ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, January 7, 2019

FG UFO progressing

In May last year our quilt group had an in-house disappearing 9 patch workshop.
A good opportunity to use my box of French General fabric.
( Sorry about the quality of the photos. 
You know how beautiful these fabrics really are.)
I started with 5 of these .....


After two centre cuts, vertical and horizontal, and a twist to the left for all quarters, this was the result ..... 


Wanting a bit more variation I made 4 more blocks reversing the lights and darks.


Now I had a square quilt top, measuring 48½ x 48½ with more variety.


A border and peeper strip added to each end.


Now for a bit of decoration. A few decisions still to be made.

◆◆◈◈◈◈◈◆◆

Last finish for 2018. A small zipper bag made using a tutorial on the Fat Quarter shop blog.


5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ohhh LOVE yourFrench General quilt! Cute zippy bag too. Very nice seeing a blog post from you pop up xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Elyte ,wow i love your french general quilt too,it looks stunning and how cute is your zipper bag,well done my friend xx

Sue SA said...

Love, love, love your FG quilt flimsy! Thanks for the inspiration because I have a collection of FG fabrics that are still not yet depleted after making one big quilt from them, so I think this pattern will be perfect to use up some I can continue to enjoy it some more!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt top, the French general fabrics are wonderful, love the little bag too.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Ah French General...always a good choice...your disappearing nine patch looks great, good idea to mix it up with those additional blocks...love the wee umbrellas on your zipper bag, it is very cute...