ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

I hope that everyone enjoyed Christmas surrounded by family and friends.
Best wishes to you all for a safe, healthy, creative and productive (with a little bit of "wealthy" thrown in) New Year.

We celebrated with a lot of red this year but not much green.

The best cherries of the year,


new Christmas tea towels (sorry, they were bought),


and couldn't resist these measuring cups, present to self.


I didn't join any swaps but Barbara, Merilyn and I shared gifts again this year.
Barbara crocheted this cute little mat and added some Christmas fabrics.


Merilyn sent this lovely little vintage cushion and added some fabrics.


My gifts to the girls were a combination of little items - clips, floss, fabric, chocolates, buttons and some ornaments, all bought.

All I have managed to sew is a few more stars to add to the collection.


Let's see what the New Year brings.
No resolutions, just hoping for a few finishes.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the red and white Elyte and those towels are pretty cute and you received some lovely gifts,have a lovely day my friend.xx

Barbara J said...

Happy New Year to you Elyte! Love those little measuring cups ... everything looks good in red and white don't they?! And the stars are coming along nicely.

Noela said...

Love your teatowels and measuring cups. Sometimes we need to take a break. I'm sure the New Year will bring good things. Hugs.....

Susan said...

You can't go wrong with red and white.....bought or made. Cute little measuring cups. Lovely thoughtful gifts exchanged too, and new fabrics are always a welcome gift. I hope you find some more time for what you enjoy in 2014, and maybe some more stars too. X

Shirley said...

Red and white are such cheerful colours. Happy New Year to you Elyte. May we both get some stitching done this year. Much love to you.xx

Oddbjørg said...

Happy New Year!
Hope we both get time to enjoy our hobbies.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Red! Glorious red! Love all your pretty pieces. Happy new year to you to Elyte x

marina said...

very cute tea towels and cups.
lovely fabrics to add to your stash and beautiful gifts too.
Love your stars together in your new header and the new additions are great too.

Fiona said...

Happy New Year Elyte, lovely goodies and gifties and fun...
Hugz

Cheryl said...

Love the red and white measuring cups! Happy New Year!

Maureen said...

Such lovely treasures! Those cherries look delicious. All the best to you in 2014!

Merilyn said...

I have to agree, the cherries this year have been just delicious, and great eating!!!! Love your red/white purchases!!!! All the very best for 2014!!!