Our little quilting group decided not to buy Christmas gifts. Instead, we spend up big on a special dinner to celebrate and share Christmas.
So, birthdays are our special days when we shower each other with gifts.
This year I decided to make the girls zipper bags.
In May we celebrated Jo's birthday. I used French General fabrics and found this fast piecing method in the book, Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott

In August it was Annie's birthday and I chose hexagons for her.

Robyn's birthday was also in August and she is a red and purple kinda girl.

September was Angie's day and she loves the black and white.
I found the tutorial for this technique on the Moda Bakeshop site.
We celebrated the last birthday of the year with Anne last Tuesday night.
She is partial to red and white.
So that pretty much sums up my year's work.
Unfortunately I couldn't keep up with my monthly Christmas item but there is always next year.
There is always a star under construction.
Love these little guys.



11 comments:
Beautiful bags Elyte, and a great idea to celebrate birthdays! Love the stars too!
xx
I think your friends are lucky ladies and I may follow your lead for next years gifts for stitching friends.
lovely bags you made everyone... great idea to share gifts then and take the pressure off at Christmas.... your stars are beautiful...
Hugz
wow those bags are awesome Elyte ,you can see that there has been a lot of work go into these,well done.xx
All your bags are wonderful. Each is so special. I love them all.
they all look so amazing and your piecing is so perfect!
love how you have customised them for each recipient.
Your stars are beautiful too.
I love your zipper bags.....what a great way to try some different techniques on small projects. Have fun at your Christmas dinner (without the pressure of sewing those gifts!).
Gorgeous bags and stars. Have a wonderful Xmas. Hugs.....
What lovely bags you made, Elyte! I'm sure each person loved the one you made especially for her. And I bet you got pretty darned good at putting in zippers and sewing them up! What a nice effort you went to for friends.
You do such a beautiful job with these lovely bags!!!!! I have no doubt the recipients will tresure them always!!!!!
I'm loving the red zipper bag!! They're all so
gorgeous.
Cheers, Anita.
Post a Comment