ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The last of Christmas 2013

Christmas still seems to be lingering around here.

A couple of gifts I missed in my last post.
A set of nesting Shaker boxes made by my recently retired husband in his woodwork class.


And in keeping with the "red" theme, a very cute biscuit jar with a chalkboard label.
No biscuits at the moment so it is a home for scraps until further notice.


On Tuesday we had our first road trip for the year - destination Threadbare, Castlemaine. All of the patchwork shops along the highway were closed, but we managed to find enough cafes and shops to keep us amused.
None of us need fabric, but with this invitation, what's a girl to do?


Resistance is futile.
Could these all work in one project?
I think they might.


And just when I thought Christmas was all finished for 2013, a little parcel arrived yesterday ….

from the very thoughtful Susan.

A beautifully made paper decoration, which is quite small, with some French General pre cuts. The decoration is displayed on our tree (yes my tree is still up and will be for another week or so) and will become a permanent Christmas fixture.
Thank you Susan.


And to finish off, let me introduce Fin, who is staying with us for the next 10 days. 



Might not give him back.

16 comments:

Barbara J said...

Those are some lovely Shaker boxes! Imagine how much stuff you can squirell away in them! Love those fabrics too. And yes, don't give Fin back!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh Fin is very cute! I couldn't resist Threadbare either on our trip...love your purchases and gifts. Your husband is so clever...your shaker boxes are gorgeous.

marina said...

what great boxes, how clever.
Your fabrics look so pretty all together. wish I had been able to pick some out to bring home with me.
I just got to enjoy all the laughing and carrying on.
Susan's decoration is gorgeous and your new boarder is a very handsome boy.

Anonymous said...

Your hubby is very clever Elyte,those boxes are lovely and how cute is Finn,see you soon my friend.xx

Cheryl said...

Love the shaker boxes hubby made and Fin is so cute! The new additions are yummy...no wonder you could not resist.

Shirley said...

Well done to Keith on making the gorgeous boxes. That may very well keep him out of mischief in orders. Someone has to keep the economy going and those fabrics do look very nice together. Fin is gorgeous too.

Maureen said...

Love the photo in your heading! So festive! Those boxes are great and extra special since your husband made them. I have to show them to mine and get him busy. I'm going to pin Fin - he's adorable!

creations.1 said...

The Shaker Boxes are beautiful - your husband has done a superb job making them - Fin is a cutie!

Susan said...

Your husband has done a lovely job on the boxes.......perhaps a little cottage industry. Your road trip sounds like fun, with some lovely fabrics. I adore that top one but can't bring myself to cut into my piece. Fin looks like a friendly fellow.

Christine M said...

How clever is your husband! Gorgeous fabrics Elyte. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

kiwikid said...

The boxes are beautiful Elyte, what a clever man! Love the fabric too, Fin looks like a happy little person!
xx

Fiona said...

the nesting boxes look fantastic... sounds like a fun roadtrip with all of you.... and you got some beautiful fabric... I have been admiring those paper flowers.. great to have your own.... I'm sure you will enjoy Fin.... he looks a bit of a character...
Hugz

Merilyn said...

Firstly, Fin is just gorgeous!!!! The house will be empty when he goes........
What a clever hubby!!!! The Shaker boxes are just wonderful and your fabric additions beautiful too! Love the Christmas decoration, given that personal touch to the festive season!!!

Sue-Anne said...

Wow, your shaker boxes are stunning! Love your purchases from Threadbear and that paper decoration is lovely. I can totally understand you not giving that gorgeous little dog back!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

That husband of yours has quite the woodworking talent. Those boxes look most impressive! Fabric shopping with friends is the BEST way to buy something you don't necessarily need... but can manage to find a way to use. Tough job, huh? That Fin looks like a sweetie. I bet you've been cuddling.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful Shaker boxes. What;s not to love about Fin-such a sweet face