The planned image in my head does not normally translate into the real thing, but this time it did!
My new fabric basket and pin cushion.
Using the scraps that my quilting buddies give me, I chose a pattern, by Val Laird, that I found in a Homespun Patchwork and Stitching magazine (my mistake, sorry!), to give me the dimensions for my basket.
I chose my scraps, trying for a soft, shabby look.
Started sewing four patches.
I arranged all the pieces into a panel 5 ½ x 18 ½ ", sewed it together, sandwiched and quilted it.
I followed the pattern to add the base, lining and binding.
Very pleased with the result.






19 comments:
It is so pretty Elyte.... no wonder you are pleased with it... with them both....
Hugz
So pretty Elyte...soft shabby look captured perfectly...
Love the soft fabric colours ... and such a useful item too. Nice!
Absolutely gorgeous work there Elyte, just love what you have made!!!!! Wonderful fabric choices too!!!!
so gorgeous Elyte, very pretty and feminine!
Wow Elyte that is one awesome set,it's gorgeous,well done my friend on a beautiful finish.xx
By the way, your stars look great in the header pic.
Well that's odd, my first comment didn't go. They are a beautiful set, perfect projects for using up precious scraps.
Very shabbylicious.
You certainly achieved a lovely result with your selection from the scraps. Take care.
Very pretty :) Barb.
Beautiful Elyte!
xx
Gorgeous Elyte!
10/10 Elyte! love them!
Don't you just love it when something works out better than you expect. Well done Elyte, very pretty project.x
Definitely a romantic, shabby chic feel!
Those are from scraps! How darling!
Beautiful projects. Love those fabrics. What Homespun magazine is that issue if you don't mind me asking?
Pretty! <3
Post a Comment