ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas item for January

Thought that I would try something a little bit different.

Plaited some rafia and pieced some red fabrics. Made some little hearts.


Saw some hanging decorations in a shop somewhere and tried to do the same.


Thought it might look ok hanging around at Christmas and Valentine's Day. Needs some tweaking.

Only family comment so far is "dorky".

I am going back to making log cabin blocks!

26 comments:

marina said...

very nice and not Dorky at all!
maybe they just don't get it..

Susan said...

Ignore the family comments, it's a great decoration. The hearts are very pretty.

barb's creations said...

I think it's very pretty and would be quite happy hanging it in my house,ignore the family comments this time sometimees they just don't get it :) Barb.

Jeanette said...

The hanger looks very lovely. I'd ignore family comments. :) Hugs,xx.

Marilyn said...

Same here. Gorgeous hearts, and they look lovely hanging on the raffia plait.

Cheryl said...

I don't think they are dorky! Very sweet.

creations.1 said...

Now there is a word I haven't heard for a while - 'dorky' - I think it is beautiful. Great for xmas and valentines day.

Shirley said...

Rations to the family member who said it was dorky. Looks pretty good from where I am sitting. Well done on your first christmas item made. May take a leaf out of your book and actually TRY it this year.

Sheila said...

I love it , it definitely could be around for Christmas and Valentines Day , lovely job and not the least dorky ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh i think it looks very cute Elyte,well done on a lovely finish.xx

Karen said...

I don't think it is dorky at all! Just prim style.

Frances Leate said...

Rule One Elyte never ask the family's opinion! The hearts decoration looks great and very timely for Valentines Day. Take care.

Wendy said...

Your hearts are beautiful and look lovely hanging with the rafia, Wendy

Jan said...

I must be a dork because I think they are sweet!

Merilyn said...

I thought the hearts looked great!!! Don't take any notice Elyte LOL!!!!

Fiona said...

Haha... dorky must mean great in your house... those are so fun....
Hugz

Maureen said...

What do they know! lol Very cute. Love that the hearts are pieced.

Narelle said...

I'm with everyone here ... I love it!
Thanks for joining in once more and sharing your January item :)

Julia said...

I love it Elyte...yes what would family know...it's very creative.
One in CW fabrics to decorate with all year round would be nice.
julia ♥

Barbara J said...

IMHO (which matters more than family members! LOL!) it looks quite Scandinavian.

When you tweak it next, might I suggest to not wrap the rafia around the heart, instead thread a needle and catch either the centre back or the dip of the heart and tie it willy nilly to the plaited rafia. That way you can add on as you like and you can even vary your heart sizes and swap them around when you want a different look!

Sisbabestitches said...

It has turned out gorgeous, and very different too :) Love how you can use it for Xmas and Valentines :)

Oddbjørg said...

I love your hearts! Very cute.

Miriam said...

Love those hearts! Great fabrics!

Anonymous said...

What a fun and pretty little project. Well done!

Valspierssews said...

I love the little hearts. Family comments can be harsh. My husband often says I am turning into a little old lady because I make things to put around the house. At least I haven't made any toilet roll covers.

Marle said...

Hi Elyte,
I like the hearts, they are pretty not dorky!
It's a good idea to put them on the rafia.
I have to remember, when i will start with sewing christmas presents.
Cheers, Marle from Germany