I read on Red Pepper Quilts blog that it was Visit Your Local Quilt Shop day today. The shop closest to me is GJ's in Brunwick and with the promise of 10% off, I went to give my support.
No shortage of fabric here.
Lots of bright, fresh modern fabrics.
Reasonably priced.
No designated Reproduction fabric area.
But if you scour the shelves you might be lucky.
Fabrics for my next log cabin block.
While on the topic of log cabin, here are two more blocks.
Very happy to have GJ's as my local quilt shop.
Funny, you don't know you need something until you see it!







10 comments:
Oh! You are SO fortunate! And that the shop stocks modern and brights is marvelous! How I'd love to trade places with you. After living here for seven months now, I haven't been to any of the nearby (40 minute drive) shops which I understand stock only traditional fabrics. Only one time have I set foot in a modern quilt shop, and to do that I had to go 90 minutes from here. I really miss my shops in Iowa, which were close, by comparison! Thanks for sharing.
Lovely shop...oh could I do some plastic damage there!
Spotlight is the only nearest shop to me here...hidden among the bolts there may be the odd repro fabric..
Julia ♥
Looks like a fabulous place to hang out and to restock the fabric stash.
Gorgeous fabrics there to look through. I think i could damage the plastic a bit in that shop too. Hugs,xx.
wow Elyte i love those logcabin blocks they look awesome,love the colours you have choosen,well done.xx
Very nice fabric selection. And the log cabins are coming along. Gorgeous strips of colour.
That looks like a great store Elyte, and the fabrics you chose will be perfect for your log cabin blocks, they are definitely in the need category. It must have been hard to make a choice from such a huge range.
GJ's is always an inspiring shop.
Haven't been for a while.
lovely new fabrics and log cabin blocks!
It would have been rude not to have indulged in a little something now and they are going to look so good in your log cabins. Looks a lovely shop.
Very pretty logcabins there Elyte! What a great store, wish I had more fabric stores near me, unfortunately they are very thin on the ground and require a couple of hours drive in the car to get to them - ho hum!!!
Post a Comment