I have been a little bit busy and only have 2 more log cabin blocks to share.
For a couple of weeks I have been resisting Judie Rothermel's 25th Anniversay collection until This-n-That Fabrics had a sale and all resistance was lost.
Our Bluegum quilting group resumed last Saturday. I was surprised to learn that it was the 10 year anniversary of my membership and I was gifted with this commemorative mug.
Hard to believe that so many years have flown past.
Not too many quilts over that 10 years but lots of laughter and many new friends.



19 comments:
Tow lovely log cabin blocks and beautiful fabrics. I love your new mug , what a nice idea for the guild to present this as an anniversary gift .
Any progress is good - it's not a race. I so love these log cabin blocks. How big are they?
You are tempting me with those JR fabrics. I heard about a new quilt shop about an hour away from me has these beauties. I've been resisting, but I do have a birthday coming up.... I also heard Judie will have a triple booth at our quilt show in June. Oh, joy!
The mug is a pretty reminder of special friends - how nice.
I'm still deciding what to do for the JR challenge. So many ideas, it's hard to narrow it down! Her fabrics are so beautiful, and as I pulled out all of JR fabric from my stash, I realized I have a lot to work with. Our LQS only carried the challenge packet, but not the yardage, so I'll be relying on my stash, too.
Beautiful log cabin blocks! And what a nice anniversary mug.....you can think of all your fun quilty friends each time you have tea!
Congrats on the anniversary!! What a special mug to remember all your friend and good times!!
I LOVE your log cabin blocks!! That is one of goals for this year is to start making them from my scraps! Yours are just lovely!!
Even though your feel like you are "plodding" - you inspired me this day!!
Have a blessed, joyful day!
Laughter and friends can be some of the best things in this life! Yum, the JR fabrics are calling my name too!
Don't we all love to find our favorite fabrics on sale? Good for you. And what a nice gift to receive that mug. What's the design on it? Is that a blue gum?
That is a very pretty mug and a great idea. Some lovely fabrics there to keep you busy
two lovely blocks to add to the stash and those fabrics are gorgeous, can't believe you resisted at all!
Congratulations on your 10 years membership, a lovely gift to commemorate it.
lovely blocks... I have joined a swap and those are the exact fabrics I got to work with too... they are delicious...
Hugz
lovely blocks Elyte and what a lovely range of fabric and congrats on 10yrs,see you soon.xx
Lovely fabrics, and lovely blocks.
Congrats on 10 yesrs memership. Friends and laughter go so well together..
Enjoy many more years together..
Julia ♥
great fabrics.......how nice to celebrate 10 years........
That fabric line is just too hard to resist isn't it LOL!!!! Love your logcabin blocks, any progress is still progress......
Gorgeous little mug too, love the design on it!!!!
Gosh what a lovely collection of CW fabric ... imagine how many log cabins blocks can be made!
Looks like I will be buying only from Fabric Shack from now on. Since they still offer 1/2 price shipping. The new USD24 shipping is just too prohibitive.
Two blocks is good progress. Working slowly means a favourite project lasts longer (twisted logic I know). I love your new fabrics, I wouldn't be able to resist either.
Gorgeous log cabins, so perfect...what's not to love about Judi Rothermel fabrics, I've been resisting even looking at the 25th Anniversary collection because I just knew I'd want it too badly, enjoy your lovely fabrics...such a pretty mug, what a lovely gift for your 10 years...
Lovely fabrics and pretty blocks! Two are better than nothing.Congratulations on your 10th membership! The mug is a nice idea and a pretty design.
Marle
Post a Comment