ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Monday, August 13, 2012

Swap surprise

Life has gotten busy again and I had trouble meeting the deadlines for a couple of swaps.

I have had two parcels sitting here unopened. I just couldn't open them until my partners received theirs.

My 7 little parcels for the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. swap, organised by Khris, were finally sent off to Michell in New Zealand. I am ashamed to say that Michell's parcel had already arrived!

The story ends well because my parcel finally reached Michell and if you would like to see the contents have a look here.

So now I could open one package.  Michell's parcel was bursting at the seams - fabric, frixion pen, recipe book, inch tape, incense, very cute little egg cups, notepad, Nestle chocolate x 2, drink cosy and sachets and soap. Thank you Michell I will enjoy using all these very thoughtful items.


Some new patterns arrived from Marg Low this week.
Looking forward to making the Spirit of Christmas first.


Last weekend we had an enjoyable sewing afternoon. Marina popped in to share her method of preparing hexagons. 1/2" hexagons, I may have bitten off more than I can chew!!!!! Oh but they are cute aren't they?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your hexies Elyte and what a wonderful swap parcel you received from Michell and i love your new patterns,i have the spirit of xmas pulled out and i want to start it but i had better get some other things out of the way,lol.xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous little hexies..will it be a doll quilt or something bigger?
Michell sent a lovely swap parcel, and I love the new patterns.
Julia ♥

Susan said...

Uh oh, those little hexies look addictive. Better do the stitcheries first!

Khris said...

Lovely goodies there Elyte...how cute are those egg cups...well done girls..hugs Khris

marina said...

A lovely parcel and wonderful that yours arrived too.
Now, now don't be too discouraged, those hexies will become very addictive before you know it!

Cheryl said...

Wow, those hexies are small. Wonderful swap goodies.

Barbara J said...

That's a lot of wrapping for sure! And a very nice draw-string bag. Lovely Marg Low designs. You got some nice brown ochre colour combo going there for your hexies.

Maureen said...

Looks like a fun swap. Don't be too hard on yourself for being late. Things happen! Love those itty bitty hexies!

Merilyn said...

There's a lot of swapping going on Elyte!! Your little gifties look wonderful. Love the teeny hexies too!!!