ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, August 24, 2012

Retail therapy

Working hard and very little sewing and computer time at the moment.
So, for a little self healing, some retail therapy was in order.

But where to go?

I made my decision and set out on my lone expedition to Tranquility Crafts in Moonee Ponds.

I found Natalie Bird,

and Lynette Anderson ...

and Jo Morton too.

Unfortunately no-one was available for coffee!

A much happier girl, I set off home, but as I passed GJ's in Brunswick I had to pop in just in case.
Lucky I did, I found Mrs Christmas who assures me that her husband is working on many new fabric designs for the coming festive season.

At GJ's I did actually meet some real friends, but still no coffee.
Buoyed by my happy couple of hours I headed home and back to work.

Hexagon progress - falling in love as I go, but when I ironed them some of the basting thread melted!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

great buys Elyte,what a pain the threads melted,looks great though.xx

marina said...

your retail therapy makes me feel pretty good too, by proxy.
Very nice additions to your christmas stash.

Julia said...

You were in great company Elyte.
Hexies look great, shame the thread melted..
Julia

Julia said...

You were in great company Elyte.
Hexies look great, shame the thread melted..
Julia

Susan said...

I wish I could have had a coffee with you today. I like the way you shop! No wonder you love your hexies, they look great. Can you still use them?

Lady Locust said...

An almost perfect (coffee perfects any day)- love the goodies. And your hex.s are beautiful - I love browns in small pieced quilts. They look so cozy.
Even stitches,
JoeyLea
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Retail therapy is always good for the overworked soul and it looks like you did a good job at some healing. Have fun with all your new inspiration.

Chookyblue...... said...

you'll love the Red book........I would have loved to have coffee but I am too far away........

Maureen said...

A little retail therapy is always fun. Sweet hexies. I use regular thread to baste. Yours should be fine though.

Narelle said...

Sounds like the perfect remedy :)

Merilyn said...

A bit of retail therapy is good for the soul!!! Some great buys!!! Love your little hexies - oh! dear! about the melted thread, you won't use that again....

Barbara J said...

Merilyn is spot on re retail therapy! :) Some lovely stitchery books you've got there! And your 3 drawstring bags are even lovelier with those Christmas fabrics.

Never heard of basting thread melting before? What type was it?