ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, October 7, 2011

Quilt In

Two weeks ago now, our little group of quilters headed out on the Western Highway to the Quilt In hosted by the Bacchus Marsh Friendship Quilters.
We were made to feel very, very welcome by our hostesses and sat down to a refreshing morning tea.

The guest speaker for the day was Michele Hill, who shared her quilting story with us and introduced us to the story of William Morris.
Here is a very small sample of her beautiful work.




Somewhere buried in my "little" stash is a very healthy bundle of William Morris fabrics. I have been waiting for the right project to come along. One of the ladies on the next table was making this beautiful hexagon quilt from all her WM fabrics. Honestly, the beauty I saw in this work made me almost shed a tear. A stunning way to display these beautiful fabrics.

Thank you Bacchus Marsh quilters for your warm welcome and an enjoyable day out.

Last Saturday was our monthly Bluegum meeting.
Kia brought her daugher's quilt to bind.


Michelle finished her quilt top done in Japanese fabrics.

Robyn finished her Kaffe Fassett project.
And me, maybe next time......

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts with us, Elyte! You all sure have some wonderful quilting events down there!

marina said...

I feel the way you do about that hexagon quilt it is gorgeous!
The william morris applique is amazing.
Love all the finishes for your quilt group. The japanese fabric quilt is really beautiful.

Julia said...

Beautiful quilts...love the WM quilt and the hexagon quilt..

Anonymous said...

What a shame Elyte i didnt know you were there,it was a great day and Michelle was awesome.
What wonderful quilt finishes there and i look forward Elyte to seeing yours.

regan said...

These are all such lovely quilts....and that hexie quilt is to die for! Gorgeous!

Jo in TAS said...

I love friendship days! Would have loved to hear Michelle Hill talk about William Morris too.

Barbara J said...

Always nice to hear about your quilty adventures! Lovely quits all around!

Frances Leate said...

A lovely lot of quilts and I too especially love the hexagon quilt - very tempting. Take care.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

beeeutiful quilts indeed!! I have signed up for a Michelle Hill workshop in March next year when she visits NZ, should be fab!

Brooke said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. Those quilts are lovely and quite inspiring!

Sue-Anne said...

That hexagon quilt is gorgeous and I think it would be a good choice for your fabrics. Looks like they got quite a crowd there!

The Bluegum quilts are lovely too.