ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sorrento Sojourn

Two weeks ago now, our promised three days of sewing by the sea finally arrived and we headed off to Sorrento.

After an early start and over two hours driving (we got a little disorientated along the way) we decided we needed some sustenance before we started sewing - cold meats, salad, cheeses, marinated peppers and fetta, dips, fresh bread rolls and fruit - it was a feast!


Jo and Anne were planning to make kaleidescope quilts. Jo started with this tattoo like fabric and Anne chose an oriental print.


By day 3 Jo's blocks looked like this......


and Anne's turned out like this.


Christine made a little quilt top for an expected grand child


and Robyn's quilt for her sister was coming together beautifully.


Robyn (aka Masterchef) organised all of our meals and for a treat, she and Christine made Creme Brulee for desert on Saturday night. (Jo's chickens donated the eggs - don't you love the colour?).


Angie played with fabrics that she won at a Bluegum Quilters' quilt challenge


and on Sunday I finally put my little work on the design wall. I chose a pattern by Lori Smith and it hasn't progressed any further than shown in this photo.


There were some egg whites left over from the Creme Brulee so Masterchef made a pavlova on Sunday and we decorated it with the left over fruit.


The weekend was a great success and when Christine suggested that we take a short trip to Tasmania next year everyone readily agreed.
So, we are putting away $5 a week for next year's trip and we'll see what happens.

15 comments:

Frances Leate said...

It sounds like a great soujourn and some wonderful work to show for the break - it is amazing what we can achieve when we are with like minded souls. Take care

regan said...

Looks like you had a ball! So much progress on projects....and all that great food....yay!

Cathy said...

All the projects are beautiful. Love the baby quilt and the Lori Smith quilt. I have the book now I have to make the quilt. Thanks for sharing your fun time. Hugs.

Shirley said...

Lovely show and tell Elyte.

Merilyn said...

What a wonderful weekend away Elyte!!! You all got really creative! must have been all that wonderful pavlova!!!

marina said...

loving the food fest. How spoilt.
The quilting projects look great.
Your project looks beautiful. Are you needing some encouragement to finish this? (hehe)It's good to plan early for you next retreat.

Miriam said...

It looks like you all had a great 3 days; beautiful sewing, yummy food and good times! :)

Maureen said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Such a sweet quilt you worked on. I love hearing about the food just as much as the quilts!

Julia said...

What a great time, and yummy food, Elyte,
Tassie sounds great...now that would be a great retreat..great idea to start saving up for it now..
Julia ♥

Barbara J said...

The bestest combo ... food and friends! Your Lori Smith quilt is coming along. I can see you're choosing the fabrics carefully.

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The weekend sounds wonderful. The food looks sooo yummy! All the quilts look great too.

Cheryl said...

Everyone's projects look great, but I keep going back to the creme brulee pic and drooling! I have been eyeing that same LS pattern myself...just love her stuff.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love all of your fun projects and looks as though everyone had a wonderful time.

I think it's a go next time too! Yummmmm for the Creme Brulle and Ponlova!!!

Carolyn :)

LuAnn said...

Love the photos of what everyone was working on at your get together. The pavlova is a new one to me...I had to leave your blog to google it to see what it is. :-) It looks ike you had a great time.

antique quilter said...

hmmm was Christine inspired by the Red and White exhibit?
it was so nice to meet her while she was in NYC, she had me laughing so hard!
Love her baby quilt, great Lori Smith project oh all the projects are just great!@!!
how I would love to come to Sorrento and sew
kathie