ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Needlecase swap

I enjoy seeing the gifts and swaps that bloggers share, but more than that, I enjoy it when I receive a package.

Members of our Small Quilt Talk Group were paired for a needle case swap. My partner Carla lives in North Dakota and we were so well paired that we posted our gifts on the the deadline (or maybe even a little later!). I think that we must be the last ones to show off our gifts.

I opened my little package and found an assortment of goodies. I received postcards and a notepad with lots of interesting information about Carla's home state, and a little bison. A small container adorned with a little birdie pincushion and a delicate pair of scissors. Can you see the little strawberry in the bird's beak?


The container is covered with Civil War fabric and the inside is lined with newspaper from 1861. Inside I found my needle case and a fragrant sachet.

The needle case was made from the same fabric as the bird. The fabric is very soft and silky and the needle case is very elegant with a lovely gathered pocket. Carla also added a few vintage sewing accessories


Thank you so much Carla for such a thoughtful and generous gift. I hope that mine has made it to North Dakota safely, fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Merilyn said...

I saw these pics on Kathy's group site. Elyte your little package contains some wonderful surprises! Carla did a lovely job for you, I'm sure you will treasure her efforts!

Jo in Tas said...

Gorgeous gift! Love the vintage look to it all!

Barbara J said...

The needlecase is awesome ... and quite interesting and the box with the 1861 newsprint, can't beat that. Also I like the little birdie, just the right touch of whimsy! Excellent swap!

marina said...

what a beautiful parcel to receive!
I love the bird on the pincushion, it's really sweet.

antique quilter said...

oh my that needle case is just amazing, how lucky are you?
Kathie

Miriam said...

A wonderful swap package. The bird with the strawberry are cute! Great needlecase. Love that silky fabric.