Last Sunday, with the promise of indulging our creative selves, we headed back to Daylesford for the "Daylesford Craft Experience" organised by the Threadneedle Craft shop.

The retreat was held at the very gorgeous Peppers Springs Retreat & Spa and we were spoilt with a very attractive and comfortable environment and lots of delicious food.
We received patterns from the three designers featured at this event. Here are some of the patterns that we brought home -
Melanie from Melly & Me

Kristen Doran from Kristen Doran Design

and Jodie Carleton from Ric Rac

I did like this little bag and bought the kit.
Some of the toys on show ....

I felt that this retreat was aimed at a younger market but we enjoyed ourselves immensely and a few of us were lucky to receive some prizes as well.
And last Saturday we had the second part of our workshop with Kellie Wulfsohn.
I have finished machine quilting my appliqued piece

and it is now ready to become a pillow.

11 comments:
Looks like you all had a lot of fun! LOVE the pillow! Wish I could get a closer look. It is absolutely beautiful. I think I would have bought the kit for that bag too.
Oh! lucky you, going to Daylesford again! How I wish I could visit there again, I have such lovely memories of the only time I was there!!!! Your applique project is looking wonderful Elyte, beautiful work!!!!
Yes, I would have bought a kit for that bag too..
Love the pillow..and your quilting looks fab.
What a fun time you all had...
Julia ♥
Nothing like a retreat for the soul! And a quilting one to boot.
Look at that beatiful applique project and all that quilting, my utmost admiration.
I love the golds and browns in your applique project! Beautiful!
Lovely goodies Elyte!
I love your applique it is so rich and warm. Your fabric choices are just perfect.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time at your retreat. I too would have come back with the bag kit. I made one of Jodie's dolls, well, part of her anyway. The rest is still a work in progress. Poor little doll. Your applique and quilting looks fabulous, well done to you.
What a fun retreat! Your applique pillow looks wonderful. I especially like the birdies sporting their polka dots!
The weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I love your work from Kellie's workshop.
It seems that you had a great weekend!
I love your pillow!
Your applique pillow top is beautiful!
Post a Comment