Last saturday we drove to Wonga Park to see Linda's Quilts in the Barn exhibition. This is an annual event for us and we weren't disappointed.
I have probably mentioned that they have one of the best morning/afternoon teas that I have had the pleasure of sampling, so that's what we did first. Recharge the batteries and all, you know how it is?

There are numerous posts about this exhibition on other blogs so I will just give you a few images of our day. If you go to Linda's blog you will see (over time) photos and details of all the quilts. If you go to the Secret Sewing Sisterhood blog you will meet all the talented ladies that were responsible for these quilts and see their works in progress.
Lots of piecing of beautiful fabrics....

Glorious colour.....

Gentle statements.....
Quilts in every corner.....
We managed to coax Linda out of her busy schedule to pose for a photo with us.

That all seems so long ago now as I finish this post from London. This international piece was started in Melbourne, added to in Doha and finished in London.
Now these little red shoes that carried me around the world 31/2 years ago will be asked to do the same thing through the UK and Europe for the next four weeks.

These shoes no longer look so new but I assure you that they are very comfortable and well worn in now.
To PIF matters, I now have three names for my PIF
Cheryl
Jess
Amy Jo
Amy Jo can you please get in touch with me with a contact email for this PIF. Thank you to the others who wanted to join. If I can't find Amy Jo I will be in touch.
Now I have a date with Big Ben.



7 comments:
Ooooh ... envy, envy ... the quilts at the Barn Quilts exhibition are gorgeous!
Looks like you're all geared up for some good walking! Have a great time!
well I love your shoes!!! how fun RED!!!!
oh my gosh what an incredibly talented group of ladies that is
I think it is wonderful that Linda puts on the exhibit for charity each year. So many wonderful quilts this year, I LOVE that first one oh the colors in it are just calling me
of course there are many more I love
Homage to Sallie Ann is that the name of it,, just beautiful
oh what a masterpiece
Kathie
Your in London!..love the shoes..great pics Elyte..have enjoyed seeing the quilts on all the blogs..
have fun over there..
Julia ♥
Oh those quilts are stunning!! Have fun on your vacation.
Love your red shoes!!
Travel safely.
Love those red shoes!! Hope they take you on many adventures. have fun!!
Red is for gals with attitude( I have red glasses), red just makes you feel good! So, I too love the shoes!
If you have another free space in your PIF I would love to join in.
Just a query, AmyJo Has her Blogger Profile set on "Private" with no Email either, if I wish to go to her blog, eg. for her giveaway, how do I find her?
Enjoy your trip, Rowena
Post a Comment