ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, September 3, 2010

Little finishes


I finally finished my 50 31/2" 9 patches and they are on the way to the US. I quite enjoyed playing with different colour combinations. Some were put aside, they just didn't work. Another lot were too cute to give away, so I kept them.


My last Jelly Roll block is finished.


Looking back on all my blocks I still could not find any affection for this one. I really did try.


So I unpicked it and made this one. This block is part of a Jelly Roll quilt offered by The Quilt Room. I am much happier with this one and am starting to sew the quilt top together. I was going to try and design my own but there are just not enough hours in the day.




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Elyte, your 9P blocks are great! To be perfectly honest, I always look at 9P blocks and think "they're too simple," but then I see them made up and want to start making a jillion of them myself! It's inspiring to see yours. I have a big stack of red and white 9Ps from a block swap years ago, and I've never done anything with them. Maybe it's time!

Shirley said...

Well done on the finishes Elyte. The nine patch is so versatile and I am sure they will have some great quilts being made with them. I like the new block and you seem much happier with it. It was the right decision to remake it. It will look great when made up.
Love Shirley.x

marina said...

what great finishes. I really like the last jelly roll block and your revisited one. Now to get them together.

Julia said...

Great finishes Elyte, I love the nine patches..
I would have to agree...I like your remake second block the best too...sometimes you just have to do that!
Julia ♥

Sue-Anne said...

Congratultions on the finishes Elyte! I love that last block, it looks fantastic.

julieQ said...

I just love those nine patches!! so pretty!!