ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Blocks and Giveaways

After reading Julie's blog I was very pleased to hear that my little 9 patches arrived at their destination safe and sound.

I have continued playing with colour and have been making these maple leaves for a block swap organised through our Small Quilt Talk group.


I have finished three more Farmer's Wife blocks:

Checkerboard


Churn Dash


Contrary Wife


My last blocks were all very dark so I have chosen lighter backgrounds for these ones. I have now finished 21 blocks and have 90 to go if I complete the entire project.

I also wanted to share this photo with you all. My friend Jo sometimes hosts our fortnightly quilt group. Her son David has made a few quilts and is currently working on this one. He has been busily piecing together hexagons and diamonds, asks our advice from time to time and then continues on with his work. He is also a very keen participant at the supper table!


And lastly, I have found two giveaways to share with you.
Cheryl is giving away a beautifully made wool pin cushion and
Jeanneke is giving away 5 patterns for small quilts.


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Elyte, love your maple leaf blocks and Farmer's Wife blocks. I was too late to join the nine-patch exchange, but maybe next time. Thank you for posting about my giveaway. 1 day left before I announce the winner! Good luck to you.

Julia said...

I love your maple leaf blocks and Farmer's Wife blocks...it's nice to pop in some lights and brights to the mix.
Wow David is doing great with his quilt...nice to see a guy quilt.
Julia ♥

Barbara J said...

Gosh ... you have been busy! Loving all those blocks.

marina said...

Someone has been busy?
Your blocks are just gorgeous! I love all the different fabrics in your maple leaves.

Shirley said...

David looks like a star is born. Well done to him, that is a great quilt he is making. Love the maple leaf blocks. I add them to my list of favourite blocks. The new Farmer's Wife blocks look good to and that is a great total - 21.
Shirley.x