ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fabric Mail

I have been involuntarily distracted by other things lately and haven't been able to accomplish very much. I have been madly sewing together my Jelly Roll Sampler quilt top and I am proud to say it has been delivered to the quilter. She promised me that it should be ready next week. But more about that one next time.

During the week I was very pleased to find a package in the mail box containing these gorgeous samplings of Judie Rothermel's Nottingham Village range. Just perfect for a blue and brown quilt that I would love to make one day.



I was listening to a news broadcast last week and the financial reporter told ME that the $AU was .94 cents against the $US. When I hear this I think BUY! So I found myself on the Fat Quarter Shop web site and here are the results (the $AU was at .95 yesterday but I resisted).

These are fabrics that I already have but I wanted more and as they were on sale for $US6.65 per yard I bought them. I would have paid around $AU22-24 per metre here.


When choosing this next group I was thinking borders and backgrounds and extravagance. There is a blue paisley in there that just caught my eye and it is as lovely as anticipated. Why did I only get 1/2 a yard?
Most of these were $US9.50 per yard, still a bargain as far as I am concerned.


I also bought this magazine that I have had my eye on and a pattern. I saw the magazine at our local newsagent for $31.00! No way was I going to pay that price but when I saw it on sale on the web site, I couldn't resist - $US9.09.


These fabrics will all blend nicely into current projects and stimulate ideas for new ones.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree Elyte, with our $ where it is, it is hard to resist. I bought the Nottingham FQ pack a couple of weeks ago and I just love it! I love your other selections as well. I have been a tiny bit naughty and have ordered another squishy package as well LOL, but hey! I'm saving money, right?!!! Merilyn

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I have been waiting for the dollar to get better, but I might not be able to keep to my budget!

Barbara J said...

Amazing haul Elyte! I am full of envy! :) Loving those blues and browns.

Shirley said...

Afraid I am guilty of doing that too. Lovely fabrics Elyte and staright away I can see that the paisley fabric would yield some fabulous fussy cut hexagons. I shall look forward to seeing your jelly roll sampler quilt.
Love Shirley.

Anonymous said...

Well we have to make our dollar go as far as we can and while we see the price rise very quickly when the AU is weak it doesn't go quick when it is strong like now.

enjoy
Christine
ps. I am going to Houston in November and hope the AU dollar stays strong for a bit longer

marina said...

How much did you say that us dollar was?
Aagh..
Really lovely fabrics, I especially love the blues and browns!

Lori said...

Such beautiful fabric! The stack of blues and browns are so pretty and I love teh paisley!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wonderful fabrics!! Love them all---so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Carolyn from Des Moines, Iowa

Cheryl said...

I made a blue and brown quilt with the JR fabrics and love it. All your new fabrics are yummy! Have fun fondling them and perhaps creating with them.

Sue-Anne said...

Isn't the new Judie Rothermel fabrics gorgeous!
I am the same as you with regard to the Aussie Dollar. Every time it is up high, I am compelled to go internet shopping, especially for quilt backings. You save so much money!

FlourishingPalms said...

I must give a shout of thank from here to say thank you for supporting the US economy! The quilt shops are benefitting... now what can you do to help our housing market? I have a beautiful, two-story house for sale at a fair price!

Jo in TAS said...

With the dollar so good, it's hard to resist!