Life has been a little hectic again and I have been watching from a distance.
The postman brought me a surprise today, a swap gift from Barbara in Malaysia. I met Barbara through the Small Quilt Talk group. I wanted a hexagon stamp and she wanted some shirtings. In the end we both got what we wanted, with extras! In addition to the stamp, she sent me a beautifully made pincushion and warm thoughts about winter, and the hexagon stamp of course with seam allowance included. Thanks Barbara.

As for sewing, I have not even looked at a needle over the past week. This Farmer's Wife block was finished last week - called Century of Progress.
If someone were to ask me what my colours are, I would just show them this block (please allow for amateur photography).
Lets see what the week end brings!

4 comments:
Most welcome Elyte. Happy that you like it. That's an interesting FWS block. Is it done by foundation paper piecing?
You have still done more blocks than me Elyte. My Farmers Wife is hiding in a dark place. Sounds like a great exchange of goodies and I shall look forward to seeing a lovely autumnal hexagon quilt before long. Hope the work load is easing a bit for you.
Love Shirley.x
If those are your colours then your pincushion seems to match perfectly. Lovely!
Hope life lets you get some stitching done.
What a great idea with the stamp! Looking forward to seeing lots of hexies soon. Your block looks interesting and not so easy to make.
I hope you get some time to "smell the roses".
Post a Comment