So today I ignored everything I was supposed to do and did what I wanted to do. Just had to dash up to GJ's for one more thing.
I started with these items...
a $2 tea towel, Insul-Bright, some spots, needles, cotton, embroidery thread and tear away.

and after a day in the sewing room and listening to my latest audio book borrowed from the library (book finished about 2 hours ago), this is what I made -
I use Insul-Bright from Birch in my cosies because it's an insulated lining and works for hot or cold. My husband says my tea cosies are "industrial strength", just perfect for me who waits for awhile before I pour my tea. The stitchery was part of a freebie design by Bird Brain Designs that I found by way of Freebies for Crafters.
I enjoyed my day and like the result. I will enjoy using this cosy at breakfast tomorrow.
Good night
PS. Christmas tree is down but won't tell you when I finally completed the task. It wasn't January 15th as promised.

3 comments:
That's gorgeous!! Well done!!
Saw your tea cosy on Jenny's blog. It looks gorgeous. Like the others you have posted on your blog too.
Marina
Hi, I also saw your tea cosy on Jenny's blog. It is beautiful.
Post a Comment