ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, January 29, 2010

Diamond Project

Earlier this month, Annie and I did a class at Somerset Patchwork working with diamond shapes
This quilt was made by our tutor Karen and if you look closely you can see how the different diamond shapes interlock with each other.


Here is my first finished star.....

and here is the second. I have not pieced the corners in yet because these will become part of a project that I have been hand piecing for several months.

The larger stars will be mixed with these blocks.....

and these stars......

and more stars.....


and these pieces.

I am working with a pattern called Candied Hexagons made by Kerry Dear and published in Quilters Companion. I have added a few more shapes and am now ready to start placing all the blocks together. I only intend this to be a lap size quilt and look forward to the challenge of sewing it all together. This has been my faithful hand sewing project that I have been dragging around for months. Have got another small project in mind to keep me going.
I can't promise to do this very quickly as February is a very busy month for me. My sister is coming over from the US and my brother from Europe to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. My sister in law and family are also coming to visit from London. Throw in all the family birthdays that we celebrate in February and it will be non stop fun! Every family seems to have one particular month that is saturated with birthdays. Ours is February with July/August a close second.
The Londoners will be staying in my sewing room for about 1 1/2 weeks which will curb my sewing activities significantly.
And this weekend we are off to a 60th birthday party. OMG my peers are starting to turn 60. Where did the years go?

1 comment:

paulette said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! It looks complicated but you are doing a great job!! It is going to be stunning when you are finished!
Take care!
Paulette