Last weekend our Bluegum Quilters' group headed off to Bendigo (approx 150 km north) for our annual week end away.
We set off at 8.30am on Saturday morning and travelled for an hour to Pick Up Stitches in Kyneton. Lots of things to tempt .
Upstairs and downstairs.
After finishing our shopping and grabbing a quick capuccino we headed off to Lil Blokes in Bendigo. This shop is a favourite and has it's own character. Every bit of space is filled with gorgeous bolts of fabric.
By now we had worked up an appetite and found a bakery to buy some lunch. Sated, we walked down to Canterbury quilts.
From here we visited the Grace Kelly exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery. The exhibition followed the life of Grace showing many of the beautiful dresses and gowns she wore in her films and personal life.
The next morning we headed off to the Village Patch in Maldon. It was sale time and we took advantage of this opportunity.
Time for another coffee. Autumn colours were starting to show in Maldon.
Then the highlight of my week end - a visit to Castlemaine and Threadbare.
I have been wanting to visit this shop for a very long time.
At the end of this narrow room ...
was an Aladdin's cave of reproduction fabrics, quilts and patterns.
Oh my, what a treat.
Castelemaine was well and truly cloaked in autumnal colours.
I'm sorry, but I am not going to show you what I bought because there is way too much. Rest assured that my credit card is rather fatigued and still recovering from overuse.
Hopefully I will eventually show you what I make!
Four more Farmer's Wife blocks. Happy with two of these, not sure about the other two. Maybe they can stay as reminders of what not to do! Reconsidering the sashing that I bought. Oh dear nothing seems to be going right with this project at the moment.
Unfortunately I haven't met my deadline for my Christmas item this month. Hopefully I will redeem myself next month.











19 comments:
sounds like you had a great weekend...
Hugz
Sounds like a dream weekend - those shops look so enticing, and in such pretty towns too. So much to choose from, I'm sure your credit card was exhausted. Keep going with your Farmers Wife, it will all come together.
Lucky you , it really sounds like a delightful time in some incredible shops , my credit card would be a bit fatigued too ;-)
Your blocks look great to me, and so does your outing!
Gorgeous post Elyte!!! What a wonderful divine weekend, glorious shops and the autumn colours are magnificent!!! My Great Great Grandparents were married in Kyneton!!!!! I'd love to visit there sometime and see the church where they were married!
what wonderful places you went shopping at Elyte,its a lovely time Autumn.xx
Sounds like a great weekend away with the girls.
Lovely post Elyte...enjoyed reading it..
Enjoy your buys, and enjoy making something to show us..look forward to that.
Julia ♥
What a wonderful weekend! Threadbear is an aladdin's cave of treasures!!! Looking forward to see what you make with your purchases.
Your shopping trip sounds like heaven!
Lovely blocks :)
Wonderful weekend. I love Lil blokes shop there is just so much to see. I think I was a kid in a lolly shop when I went there I didn't know where to look or what loveliness to touch. Will have to put those other shops on the 'to visit' list.
Lovely to see some more fw blocks. So complicated!
Lovely pics of your shopping adventures. Nothing soothes the soul like some retail therapy!
Whast a great itinery for a weekend away! I was at Threadbear yesterday and also gave the credit card a huge workout.
I'm sure you had a wonderful weekend! I wish I could have been there too ;-)
Thank you Elyte, I enjoyed the visit with you, well, in spirit if nothing else. Hope your flexible friend soon recovers but I want to see just what you did buy. The Farmer's Wife blocks look pretty good to me.
thanks for sharing your trip with us oh its a dream of mine too to shop at Threadbare in person!
someday!
kathie
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The Bluegum Quilters sound like they know how to have one!
Looks like you had a brilliant time.
Wish I could join in on one of your road trips! How do you get so much in on one weekend? If it makes you feel better - I don't show all my purchases either! ; c )
Post a Comment