ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mourning Quilt Finish

I finally finished my January Mourning Quilt, part of Kathleen Tracy's One Small Quilt a Month Challenge.
I am sure that I won't get one done every month, but at least I have finished one.


It is machine pieced and hand quilted. The central area was quilted in the ditch and on the border I used a simple orange peel design.


Today we visited the Essendon Quilters' Exhibition. This group always prepare a lovely show but unfortunately they have asked us not to publish any photos.
A lovely surprise was a chance meeting with a long time blogging friend Marina and she introduced me to some new bloggers.


Although I can't show any quilts, if you go to Irene's website you can see some of her lovely quilts that were on display today.

PS: I met Melody today and she got permission to publish a few photos. You can see them here.

18 comments:

Mary said...

Great finish. I love your little quilt. Have a great day.

Maureen said...

Lovely little quilt - great fabrics and I love how you quilted the border. You all look like you're having a wonderful time - quilt shows are always inspirational.

Susan said...

Your mini quilt is lovely, and the quilting design looks great too. They will be a good opportunity to practice different designs. Glad you enjoyed the quilt show, Essendon Quilters always get good reviews.

marina said...

gorgeous little quilt, well done on your finish. I like the orange peel quilting on the border.
What a line up! Such a fun meet up.

Anonymous said...

lovely quilt,i reconize two people there,lucky you Elyte.xx

FlourishingPalms said...

Know what you mean about not being able to show pictures from a quilt show. We can't do that here either. Darn. It's great to see you with your new friends. So glad you had a chance to do that. YOU'RE looking great!

Sue-Anne said...

Love love love your little quilt. I have made a couple from her books and they are so much fun. Too bad we can't see all the beautiful quilts but pleased you had a great time.

Julia said...

Lovely little quilt, I have a couple of Kathleen's books, should get them out again and get inspired to make a little quilt..
You girls look lovely and happy..
Julia ♥

Sheila said...

I love your quilt and the colors and fabrics you have chosen , great job! How nice you gals all got to meet up at the quilt show , so nice to meet blogging friends . Hugs Sheila

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Great mini quilt! The purple really stand out to me but then I love purple!

Sharon said...

It turned out beautiful...love the little quilts from Kathleen Tracy!

Barbara J said...

Bravo ... a new one for the finished pile! Hand quilting is always fine quilting in my books!

Cheryl said...

Your mourning quilt is lovely and now I am off to enjoy the quilts.

Merilyn said...

Nice finish on your Crosses Mourning quilt Elyte, it's great to be able to tick another project off the list!!!
I checked out a few of the links you gave re: the quilt show you attended, some beautiful work there, it must have been lovely to see some of this work up close! How nice to meet up with fellow bloggers too!!!

antique quilter said...

oh I love your little quilt, such great fabrics you used, especially the border!
Kathie

FlourishingPalms said...

Hey Elyte! I've just posted that I'm giving you the Liebster Blog award. Please visit my blog post to read about it.

Michelle said...

I like that! Is the border pieced, or is it a striped fabric?

Sharon said...

This is my first time on your blog. I SEW loved your little quilt and all the other blog comments. Be back soon.