ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quiet times

Not too much to write about lately, but I have a few little things to share.

I was the lucky winner of Linda's Red & White give away.
These lovely fabrics are lying on my table demanding immediate attention. I have a plan but you will have to wait to see if it reaches fruition.


Last week end we attended the Australian Quilt Convention at the Exhibition Buildings. I am ashamed to say that we were so busy socialising, shopping, drinking coffee and "networking" that we ran out of time to see all the quilts.
There were cute little notepads to be had,  a charming charm pack, Eiffel tower scissors just because I love Paris, little bits of fabric, Aurifil thread, Christmas Bells and a small rotary cutter for all my small pieces of fabric.


On the sewing front I finished the 2nd block of my sampler quilt.


Still working on those last Farmer's Wife blocks.

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Gorgeous fabrics you have won, can't wait to see what you create with them . I love your block , very pretty colors and fabrics :-)You picked up some great notions at the quilt show , lucky you . hugs Sheila

Shirley said...

Have you got a project in mind for your winning stash? Lovely block you have created and it sounds like you had a great time at your quilt show.

Christine M said...

Nice bit of shopping there Elyte! I haven't seen Eiffel Tower scissors before. They are very cute.

Fiona said...

lovely prize and lovely shopping too... sounds liek it was a great day out...
Hugz

marina said...

great goodies from the quilt convention, your block looks lovely.
Can't wait to see what is made from those red and white fabrics.

Anonymous said...

what fun Elyte and love your goodies and congrats on your lovely win.xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous new prize fabrics..congrats!
Looking forward to see what you make from them..have fun.
Julia ♥

Sue-Anne said...

Love the fabrics you got from Linda and I am looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Love your sampler block and sorry we missed you at the show.

Cheryl said...

Great group of red and whites! Congrats on the win.

FlourishingPalms said...

Cute purchases, but you missed all the quilts?! Really? Still, I'm glad you had a good time. It's always nice to win a giveaway, isn't it? I need to do that!

Maureen said...

You missed some of the quilts! lol What treasures you found. I always love your fabrics - those in the pretty block, too. Congrats on your win.

Merilyn said...

What a lovely win Elyte!! I can't wait to see what you do with these gorgeous fabrics!!! Even if you didn't get to see ALL the quilts, I bet you had a great time at the Convention anyway!!!!