The planets, moon and stars all joined forces to try to stop me from doing any stitching in recent weeks. But I defied their influence knowing that my Christmas project was due on the 25th. I managed a little hand sewing and made two pincushions.
The larger one was made from a paper piecing kit that I won on Frances's blog recently. It is quite large and could almost be used as a decorative cushion. The little one is made from a pattern given to me by a quilting friend. It uses 8 different 2 1/2 squares. I think that it has stolen my heart!
(Note - Christmas gift to self).
(Note - Christmas gift to self).
Here is the other side.
If you pop over to Narelle's blog you can see what the others have made.
After our clamshell workshop earlier this year, little Anne and I taught Tall Anne all we knew about the technique. Good teachers or brilliant student, Tall Anne's results are fabulous.



17 comments:
Lovely pincushions Elyte , great designs . The clamshells are so pretty , I have not tried these yet :-)
The pincushions are lovely! The clamshell quilt looks great!
Glad you were able to defy the forces. After all we have our priorities :)
Lovely pincushions and I love the clamshell quilt ... never tried these.
The pincushions are great. Love the note to yourself. :) Love the clamshell quilt. I must get mine back out & do something with them. Hugs,
lovely pin cushions Elye and cute clamshell quilt,well done.xx
glad you got some time to indulge your crafting. Love the pin cushions.they are very sweet. Like the clamshells too.
Love your little pincushion - you can never have too many! I think teachers and student are all very clever.
Love the pincushions. Love the fabrics too. The clamshell quilt is wonderful. Have a great day.
Great sewing projects Elyte...love the little cushion too.Beautiful clamshells.
You'll be right for Christmas this year, if you keep up with the monthy deadlines..
I'm a big fan of clams. They're right up there next to hexies on my "most admired" list. The clams you've shown are great! I'm happy for you to have met your deadline... in defiance of planets, moon and stars!
Love the pin cushions. I can see the merit of having a really big one. Are those glass buttons? I've never seen clear buttons.
Well done, Tall Annie!
Well done on the pincushion gifts. I have made both of those and they are both beautiful to make and receive. Such soft colours. Tall Anne's quilt is fabulous. Congrats to teachers and pupils alike.
Beautiful fabrics in your pin cushions, Elyte.
Congratulations to Anne on her clamshell quilt. A great team effort!
No stitcher or quilter can have enough pincushions! The small one looks like a biscornu i.e. irregular form. Just lovely!
Love your choice of fabrics for the pin cushions. The large one makes a great little pillow to rest your hand on while stitching. Take care.
Just love those little pincushions Elyte, oh! so very cute!!! I know about those horrible universal forces LOL, they stole my mojo, still looking........
Super cute pincushions!
Post a Comment