The New Year started quietly for me and I have enjoyed the rest.
I won't make any resolutions but I would like to concentrate on finishing a few things, one being the Farmer's Wife quilt. After a quick re-assessment this project has been reduced to a lap quilt. I don't have a lap quilt and I have decided that I really need one.
Here are the newest blocks.
And here is the sum total to date. I have 35 and need 50. I have a few more prepped so I can see an end in sight.
With the New Year came a barrage of new and tempting internet ideas and projects. Not to mention a sampler quilt along at our monthly BlueGum group, 2 summer school classes at Somerset Patchwork, a Gathering in the Barn in March, a few weekends away and that barely takes us to mid year.
Just perfect!
Just before New Year my husband and I travelled to Wangaratta (235 kms or 146 miles north east of Melbourne) for a family birthday.
On the way we stopped at Plunkett's Winery for ...
... a delicious ploughman's lunch. That golden olive oil in the background was so fruity and delicious on a little bread, as were the terrine, pickles, cheeses and greens.
There were two shops in Wangaratta, Sackville and Lane and My Little Patch. I had a quick visit to both and picked up a few bargain pieces of fabric.
The next day we visited the gourmet region of Milawa and Brown Brothers winery, 10 kms out of Wangaratta...
and 50 kms further down the road the Pizzini Winery in Whitfield in the King Valley.
The winery also conducts Italian cooking classes and has a bed and breakfast. Maybe we could swap one sewing weekend for a culinary one. Or maybe we can just do a bit of everything!






16 comments:
In England that platter of food would be called a Ploughman's Lunch. It looks very tasty. Sounds like you had a lovely break away. All your Farmer's Wife blocks look great Elyte and I think you will really appreciate your gift to yourself.
Your Farmers Wife blocks are wonderful! I need to get back to mine, but right now I am concentrating on my Civil War Blocks, and of course I am being tempted by many quilt-alongs on the blogs. So much inspiration...so little time! Thanks for sharing your pictures from your break...looks delightful!
Your blocks are beautiful and the winery and food look so yummy!! Looks like you have been busy having some fun with fabric, food and wine. Now, that is my kind of living.
Love seeing the places where you traveled. It all looks so gorgeous. Especially the eatery and that fine olive oil. I think one must become a connoisseur of olive oil in order to appreciate all the variances of it. What fun that would be! So glad you had a great time, and are back into sewing again. No need for a to-do list. Projects are still there, one way or another, right?
Great Farmers wife blocks , I have 23 made and not so sure I will make a whole lot more .
Looks like your new year got off to a great start! Your quilt blocks are looking great. I haven't made any resolutions either. But I do aim to get a lot more sewing done this year! Happy New Year Elyte!
A culinary weekend at a B&B sounds so lovely after the holidays! I have been doing a few of the FW blocks. A lap quilt is do-able. I can't wait to see your finish! I also want to get some things finished, but it is so hard with so many fun opportunities.
The FW blocks look great, would make a lovely lap quilt.
Brown Brothers wine and a yummy lunch like that.... just perfect way to spend some time.
Julia ♥
You're going to have a very handsome lap quilt soon! The blocks look fabulous!
Very nice pics of the winnery, glad you had a wonderful trip feeding the soul and the tummy!
those blocks look fantastic and you are over half way there!! It will be a gorgeous lap quilt.
Sounds like you will have a busy inspiring year ahead.
Hi Elyte, glad you enjoyed your little break away in my neck of the woods. there is so much to see and do in North East Victoria. Love your Farmers Wife blocks so far and they will make a lovely lap quilt. What day are you going to the Crow Gathering? We are booked in for the Friday!
You've done a lovely job with your Farmers Wife blocks, they will make a gorgeous lap quilt being only 6"x 6" blocks!!!
What a great trip and lots of visits to such interesting places, nice to get out and have some time out and spoil yourself a little!!!
I agree there are just so many divine little projects out in blogland at the moment I hardly know where to start LOL!!
But I did spend some time today doing the 12 Days of Christmas blocks, just couldn't pass them up! Have a great weekend Elyte!!
I love the trips you take us on!
You're way ahead of me on the Farmers Wife project. All I've done is buy the book! Love your fabrics. I almost always prefer an on point setting.
what a fun trip this is,beautiful pics and wonderful blocks Elyte.xx
oh the trip sounds perfect! I love your blocks they look great to you.
I usually don't have resolutions I make goals , mine usually start in Sept to go along with our school year!
can't wait to see more blocks
Kathie
YOur FWQ blocks are lovely; I'm also doing and its a lot of work but fun!
Post a Comment