ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christmas planning begins

Narelle is hosting her monthly Christmas project again in 2012.
I have made 2 housewife needle cases from Kathleen Tracy's book Remembering Adelia.


I made one in Leesa Chandler's Under the Australian Sun range and the other in soft reproduction fabrics.


Decorated with images of Australian native flowers this one could be a little gift for an overseas friend..



20 comments:

antique quilter said...

well just how beautiful are these!
Love the fabrics you chose , must feel good to have a present made already for Dec!!!
I am impressed
kathie

Frances Leate said...

Both of these are beautiful and I wish I could be like you and start thinking of Christmas presents already - it would certainly save the mad rush later. Happy Australia Day.

Cheryl said...

The Australian fabrics are so beautiful! That will be a gift that is truly treasured.

Mary said...

Love your projects. Love the Australian Fabric. Glad I am not only one thinking ahead! Have a great day.

Shirley said...

Wow Elyte. Now I really do need to take a leaf out of your book and start early. Perhaps I should just carry on now and finish the christmas things that I didn't finish for Christmas. Lucky recipients.

Merilyn said...

Wow!Love your little needle cases! I really love the use of Australian theme fabric too, very special!!!!

Susan said...

Love those needle cases, they are so sweet. And you are so organised!

Miriam said...

Love those fabrics!

Goodness, you are organised!! A great idea to get started now. :)

Narelle said...

Oh these are just so gorgeous and those Aussie flowers are perfect!

Fiona said...

Those are georgeous.... great idea for gifts...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

they are so lovely Elyte,especially the one in the aussie fabrics,well done.xx

Julia said...

Love the needle cases, both gorgeous, Aussie fabric on Australia Day!...gosh Elyte, you be right for next Christmas at this rate

marina said...

they look fabulous. Love the 'under the Australian sun' fabrics.

Sue-Anne said...

They look great Elyte and definately a good gift for someone overseas!

Barb said...

That fabric is just awesome!!

Valspierssews said...

These are beautiful. Love the fabrics.

Barbara J said...

Very pretty housewives with two different looks. Just look at how the fabrics used can make a difference!

Christine M said...

They are lovely Elyte. Glad to see you're getting into early Christmas sewing too!

chook said...

these look fantastic .I think I will need to get the pattern and make some
hugs Beth

Maureen said...

Lovely fabrics and fine stitching!