ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Sunday, January 15, 2012

New book and new project

Last week end I drove down to the West Coast for a break. In Geelong I dropped into The Blanket Box. It is a warm and welcoming shop with a big range of reproduction fabrics. I met the owner Zoe Clifton.



Zoe published her own book "With Scraps of Time" in 2010. She designed all the quilts and took all the photos in the book. The three quilts shown below are her designs.



I came home with a copy ...



... and found several fabric pieces that caught my eye.


I have managed to resist a lot of the new projects on offer this year, but I have decided to try and make one of Kathleen Tracy's small quilts every month.  I do have an ulterior motive. Our quilt group is having their bi-annual exhibion in November this year and I would like to have a few pieces to hang. Looks like we might have a small quilt section. I am currently working on the Crosses Mourning Quilt which is the January project. Here's a peek at my progress, still deciding...


This week I attended a class at Somerset Patchwork, "Playing with Colour". Meredithe guided us through many different exercises choosing and matching fabrics. I am practicing with this little project but I don't really know if I've got it yet. But, I hope that I am making some progress.

7 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

Thanks for the posting as I haven't heard of the Blanklet Box shop before and it looks worth a visit. Good luck with your projects.

Christine M said...

Hi Elyte, I was in Geelong on Friday. What day were you there? We seem to go to the same places but never meet up! I haven't heard of the Blanket Box. You'll have to let me know when your group's show is on. Hopefully, I can come along.

marina said...

looks like a gorgeous shop.
will look forward to your minis.
I like the fabrics you have chosen in your new project.

Maureen said...

You've got the right fabrics when you are pleased with them! lol
The fabrics you've chosen look good to me.
Thanks for sharing your little outing and your purchases. Looks like a good book.

Cheryl said...

Have fun with your new book. Looks like it is full of inspiration. Kathy's small quilt a month is a great project to join and I will follow your progress.

Barbara J said...

Love quilt shop and you've come away with some lovely fabrics too.

That purple in one of the blocks look gorgeous and so does the floral fabric you're auditioning!

Sue-Anne said...

Its fun to discover a new quilt shop. Enjoy your new fabrics and looking forward to seeing your little quilt finished.