I went missing for the weeks before Christmas. There was a time that I doubted that we would be ready.
But by 6.00 pm on Christmas Eve the table was set and all was ready for our 24 family members to celebrate "Kucios". It was a beautiful evening and we even had a visit from Father Christmas!
I only took part in one Christmas swap this year. Luckily all the parcels arrived on time and we decided to open our gifts on Christmas Day.
I chose some quiet time in the evening and savoured every moment of opening these special gifts.
Barbara sent a beautifully made pin pillow, a tatted decoration and a fat quarter of fabric. I don't do cross stitch and was very pleased to receive such a lovely surprise.
Merilyn surprised me with a beautifully made mug rug with matching mug and tray, a gorgeous pin cushion that is so characteristic of Merilyn's work, some soap, lip balm, a notebook and some ginger sweets.
My little gift to the girls was a little stitched pouch designed by Marg Low and a little wooden brooch from Elk. I wanted to keep with the theme of red and white that was so popular with quilters during the year.
I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and very enjoyable Christmas and may the New Year bring prosperity, good health and happiness to all.





12 comments:
Thankyou Elyte for such wonderful Christmas gifties! I just love the stitchery pouch and the little red bird pin, very special and they will be treasured always!!! We were both very lucky to receive such perfect cross-stitch pieces from Barbara, I love her work!!! Hope your household has settled down now after such a big family get together!!!!
Happy Christmas to you and your family Elyte, glad you had a lovely time. Hope you now have some time to sit and relax and enjoy some stitching.
your christmas table looks great and I love all the gifties... such a pretty red pouch and that little wooden bird brooch is just lovely... how sweet.
Hugz
You have some lovely pressies there! I really love the brooch, just something about the shape and flow!
Wow ... look at that mega table setting! And I can imagine the amount of chatter and merry making!
Like Merilyn I love the little bird pouch. It was so meticulously finished. A true mark of a fine needlewoman.
Thank you and Merilyn for a wonderful swap!
Beautiful table and such great gifts from exchanges. I am particularly drawn to the mug rug Merilyn made for you. I am sure you will enjoy many afternoon teas on it.
Beautiful table! and such lovely gifts...may you have a blessed New Year!
The Christmas table looks great!
Lovely gifts. Hope you have some relaxing days.
Your Christmas table looks very inviting. Glad it all turned out well.
You and your swapping buddies were good to each other - no surprise considering the 3 talented people involved!
Happy New Year!
the table looks wonderful. Glad you had a good Christmas and everything went smoothly.
Your gifts are gorgeous and love the ones you made for your friends. The little brooch is so sweet!
Lovely gifts , both received and sent .Your table looks wonderful and I am sure a tasty meal was enjoyed by all.Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
All the best for a happy, healthy, prosperous and creative New Year!
Post a Comment