All of a sudden life got busy again.
And some things were left to the last minute.
I have participated in one Christmas swap this year and the gifts are finally on the way. We decided to open our gifts on Christmas Day. Hope Australia Post doesn't let me down. One parcel is on it's way to Malaysia and the other to New South Wales. Fingers crossed.
The pace of life increased with some welcome Christmas celebrations.
Our monthly Blue Gum group had a very enjoyable Christmas party with lots of laughter, good food and surprises.
Our fortnightly Tuesday group met at an Indian restaurant, exchanged gifts and enjoyed a delicious meal including butter chicken and my favourite aloo paratha (indian flat bread filled with potato and spices).
The girls always organise creative and thoughtful gifts - pincushion, apron, fudge (chocolate fudge is gone), note book and diary, buttons, bags and laughter and friendship.
And my gift to myself - Jo Morton's Prairie Flowers Encore. I found it at The Quilted Crow in Tasmania.
Use all the blocks and make a large quilt or just select four and make something smaller.
Select favourite parts of designs and make pincushions,
or make your favourite block and frame it.
I have some pieces of wool just waiting for a project. This could be it.
But get in line Prairie Flowers. I promised myself I would finish some UFO's first.
But will I be able to resist?





13 comments:
It is taking all my will power not to start yet another project too! Hmmm, maybe just a pincushion perhaps. Merry Christmas to you and your family. May the New Year be full of blessings.
I can resist anything but temptation Elyte and that book looks like it is hooking you in. I shall be virtuous, only because I am expecting Santa to bring me a certain project by Sue Daley. I have promised myself that next year WILL be better and I WILL FINISH more projects. I probably will start as many buy hey ho! such is life.
It is always good to work on UFO's, but a little new project in between works too. Just a little interest keeper.
Yes, the days are whizzing by!!!! Your new Jo Morton book looks wonderful, I do love the look of wool applique, you'll have some fun there!!!!
You have a lovely selection of little goodies there Elyte, how nice!!!
Hope you have a great Christmas!
You got some lovely goodies Elyte. Perhaps you could do one block from the book and then work on some UFO's!
Lovely gifts, love the stitched tag. Enjoy your new book, surely starting one little project won't hurt!?
Elyte you got some lovely gifts there and your book looks great
I love the look of your new book! It is always hard to resist the pull of something new!
Shhh, don't remind me ..Christmas is coming way too fast. That book looks good..I love quilting books, but I must restrain myself..
Great gifts.
Julia ♥
Oooh ... can't wait for the postman!
Lovely friends, great gifts and wonderful food ... now that IS life!
The book looks promising and you must make something from all the lovely wool!
Ohh that book looks great!
Christmas seems to come faster every year!
Exchanging hand made gifts with other quilters sounds like fun, but would probably stress me out! You have a talent for it and I'm sure your offerings were appreciated. Looks like you made out, too!
I think the new year deserves a new project! Have fun!
Merry Christmas Elyte, I hope you had a fun filled family day!
Post a Comment