ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, September 2, 2011

What a wonderful Jo week

The week started with the arrival of a gorgeous pattern that I won on Kellie Wulfsohn's blog. Thank you Kellie.

And today we headed out to Wonga Park to visit Quilts in the Barn.
It was a beautiful day as our little group set out.

On the way there we dropped into Needles & Pins quilt shop for a few necessities.

Then on to the barn!

What a beautiful sight greeted us. Linda's tumbler quilt hung proudly in the entrance and on the right hand side you can see the raffle quilt which was made from donated signature blocks from quilters all over the world. If you look into the barn you can see the girls from the Quilted Crow in Tasmania and their inspiring store.

Then around the corner walked Sue-Anne and we decided to say hello to Shirley in the U.K.
Hi Shirley!

As we do, we made our way to the canteen and ordered our morning tea.
Linda and her team provided delicious fare with a big smiles.

We couldn't wait any longer and wandered off to see the quilts.
I am sure that we were all drooling as we wandered from quilt to quilt admiring the colours, designs and handiwork of Jo Morton. Around every corner was another visual delight and we couldn't get enough.

And lo, who should pop around the corner, but Jo herself!

She gave us lots of time talking about her work and signed a couple of books for me.
She was happy to stop for a photo and Miriam (front LHS) joined us as well.

My favourite quilt was Prairie Flowers Version #4. The pattern will be in a new book due for release at the end of October, Prairie Flowers Encore. This photo really doesn't do it justice. Everything about it was just perfect!

This little quilt probably looks a bit dull here but it had great appeal. It was only little but it had large impact.

Then it was time for lunch.

Sated we were eager for more quilts.
Emma's quilt,

In front of Jo's court house steps I met Marian from my Small Quilt Talk group

Rhubarb Crisp from the book that I bought, Remembrances.

Emily's hand pieced baskets.


I have this blue/grey fabric in my stash and can't for the life of me match any colours to it. Why didn't I think of these combinations?

A little shopping done before we headed off home. Jo Morton fabric of course.

A perfect day!

17 comments:

Miriam said...

It was great to see you again Elyte.

All those quilts were amazing and Jo was wonderful to chat with.

Have fun with all your purchases.

Sue-Anne said...

It was so good catching up with you Elyte. I think the Prairie Flowers quilt was one of my favourites too. We made it to Warrandyte and had a wonderful day from start to end.

Barbara J said...

So much goodness Elyte! You look great and so does Marian too. Jo's quilts are to die for!

And those 'little' stash are delicious!

Frances Leate said...

WOW Elyte it must have been a wonderful day and at times like this I am really sorry that I live so far away. Some of these quilts are absolutely awesome and it must have been wonderful to talk to Jo Morton about her work. Take care.

Shirley said...

Hello Elyte, thank you for giving Sue-Anne her hug from me. One of these times I am going to come with you. How exciting that would be. It looks like you had a great day and I can feel the buzz from here.

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful day........

marina said...

definitely a perfect day! Lovely pics of some of the quilts on display. They look amazing.
Sounds like you have brought home some lovely inspiration!

Maureen said...

A perfect day indeed! Thanks for sharing it with us.

marian said...

Wasn't it just the BEST!! i was in quilting bliss & my head is still abuzz with inspiration. It was a delight to meet you and connect with so many kindred spirits. I can't wait to see your Jo inspired creations! btw i love the grey/blue fabric in Emily's hand pieced baskets, wish i had some too! Happy stitching, Marian

antique quilter said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me too! Such beautiFul quilts. Oh lindas quilt looks great front and center. I love tumbler quilts kathie

Cheryl said...

Thank you for sharing with those of us less fortunate! Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. Was the applique cotton or wool on the new Prairie Flowers?

Sharon said...

It looks like it was a first class day! Thanks for sharing all the great photos.

Merilyn said...

Thankyou for sharing your wonderful day out!! It all looks wonderful, being surrounded by all that gorgeous fabric and quilts, what an inspiring experience! And the weather behaved itself too, a bonus!!!!

Sheila said...

It certainly looks like a perfect day , thanks for sharing these lovely quilts !

Anonymous said...

Elyte what a great post ,thankyou the quilts are stunning

Cubby House Crafts said...

Yes it looks like a perfect day...lovely purchases (I see quite a few of my favourites there)
Thankyou for sharing
Lisa

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely day with us. I loved seeing all of Jo's quilts.