ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Saturday shopping

Last Saturday our quilt group had it's annual shopping trip. 20 of us boarded the bus to visit a few shops on the other side of town. At lunchtime we found ourselves at the Patchwork Teahouse in Warburton.


This shop is a favourite of mine, a long way to travel but always worth the effort.


Not only are you treated to a wonderful array of fabric, patterns and ideas, you are able to have a delicious lunch or a light repast surrounded by all the gorgeousness.


I picked up some bits and pieces with a Christmas theme


and some more bits and pieces that I really needed (who am I trying to fool?)


Just playing around with little projects. I have been wanting to make this little purse for sometime. It is a Marg Low design and I like the use of a spring strip to secure the top of the purse. The embroidery is a Vicki Tucek design. The purse is only 5 x 5.5 inches.Can you see the lovely embossed neutral fabric behind the purse, it will make a great background for some future project.



10 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a clever marketing scheme...fabric, quilts and tea! Like you, I would probably get in trouble in a place like that.

Maureen said...

Looks like so much fun - wish we had a shop like that near me. Love the little purse. That spring strip is really cool.

Merilyn said...

I love idea of shopping and being able to sit and have lunch as well, a leisurely way of being able to take it all in and consider your purchases!!! You bought home some lovely little goodies!!!

Mary said...

zLove all of your treasures. The little purse is adorable.

marina said...

What a perfect day out!
Love all those goodies that followed you home. I am sure you wouldn't have bought them if you didn't absolutely need them.
The purse is very nifty.

Barbara J said...

You have the loveliest trips and the most gorgeous 'acquisitions'! Your taste in fabrics and colours are impeccable.

Clever use of the spring strip as a closure. Now where did I put mine ... :(

Sue-Anne said...

What a wonderful day, travelling with all those quilters to your favourite shops! Love your purchases and totally understand that you just had to have them!

Anonymous said...

Elyte what a wonderful day and the patchwork shop is amazing that they have a cafe as well

Sheila said...

I'm drooling over all your wonderful purchases , what a fun day , looks like an amazing shop .

Julia said...

What a great shop...wish we had one here that we could also have a light lunch.
Of course you had to have them Elyte!
I have a couple of those strip spring clasps...had forgotten about them..
Julia ♥