Lots of little things happened over the last week.
Our Tuesday night group said good bye to Mai who had joined us for the last six weeks. Mai finished her course of study in Melbourne and it was time for her to return to Japan. Her family and friends are ok, a safe distance away from the affected areas, and she had to return to resume her studies in Japan. Mai had been helping Angie sew these little hexagons together and Angie made them into a zipper bag for Mai to keep.

A surprise arrived in my letter box from Val in France. I met Val when I was in Europe last year and she sent me these gorgeous cotton tea towels. She apologised for giving me the job of hemming them but that sort of work I don't mind. These images bring back lovely memories of our visit with Val and beautiful Paris.

I attended a workshop with Kellie Wulfsohn, learning her technique of raw edge applique. Part two will be in June but here is a sneak peak of what I have done so far. Am enjoying this technique and I can see myself using it in other projects.

And just playing around, I found this little basket on the Freebies for Crafters blog from a tutorial by A Spoonful of Sugar. I can see this made with different fabrics into a little Easter basket...

15 comments:
Very nice show and tell Elyte. Love those tiny hexagons on Mai's bag. I shall look forward to seeing how your machine quilting develops.
Love Shirley.xx
Mai looks very happy with her bag! I would be, too! The tea towels are beautiful and your applique looks like fun - maybe use it on a little basket.
Mai's little zipper bag is very cute!!! I'm sure she will take back some wonderful memories of her time in Australia! Good for you taking classes in raw edge applique, hope to see some adventurous projects from you in the not too distant future!!! I love nice tea-towels too, what a thoughtful gift!!
The little basket looks interesting!!! I'll have to check out the pattern?
Love the little hexagons and those tea towels are so chic!
The colours you have used for your workshop are really pretty, very you. Can't wait to see it finished.
Dare I say it, but how is the sashiko stitching going?
Lovely show and tell Elyte. Love those tiny hexagons on Mai's bag...look at that beautiful smile on her face...I think Mai loved them too..
Look forward to see what you end up doing with this new class of raw edge applique..
Julia ♥
I'm so jealous that you've been able to do a workshop with kellie, it's been on my to do list for ages!
Raw edge applique? Now that sounds too go good to be true. Any close ups pics? No use of fusibles?
Lovely French tea towels!
I love your colours for Kellies workshop!
I love your tea towels and you applique looks great.
Cute little zipper bag and lovely colours for the applique project!
i love Mai's little bag and your tea towels are lovely.
hello Elyte, how are you my blogger friend, been a while! You look like you have been keeping busy. I love your blog header!
oh I love that little bag, the towels are great!!!
cute little easter basket! but i really love the fabric basket in your header!
ooohhh the fabrics you used too!
Kathie
I've been blog hopping a bit and landed on yours, via your comment you left on Maureen's blog. The little basket you have here is really cute. I'll be checking out the pattern.
You mentioned on Maureen's blog that you had a needlecase swap and were looking for ideas. If you're interested, I have a tutorial for one that's a bit different on my March 19 post.
Thanks for the show and tell. Darling picture of Mia and the cute bag, a treasure for her--- I am sure!
Carolyn :)
Post a Comment