Time flies by too quickly for me. I haven't posted for awhile but I haven't done very much either. Maybe it's the change of season, seem to have misplaced by energy and creativity. Feeling confident that I will find them this Easter holiday weekend.
I have made two more Civil War blocks. The Richmond block is my favourite so far. This is my second effort. My sizing was out in the first block and I wasn't willing to compromise this one. I prefer this colour combination too.

Had a little trouble with Kansas Troubles too. I am going to lose some points on this one but I can live with that.
I won't be making all the blocks and will just pick a selection of favourites. I like the way that Julia is setting her blocks and if she doesn't mind I might follow her lead. Dear Barbara has questioned my "get it done" trait so the chances are that this won't be happening for some time yet! She is probably right.
Another Farmer's Wife block Darting Birds. I needed something with pzazz and I think this will work.

The last week end the girls and I went to the Australian Quilt Convention in Melbourne. I'm sorry but I was so busy talking and socialising and forgot to take photos.
I did a little workshop with Marg Low and finished this little Birdie Trinket at home.

My friend Robyn and I bought some lovely wool to share and I found a couple of patterns that I liked. I also bought a length of fabric tape to sew into a little project that must be finished by mid May

And lastly, I am glad to say that Ali's quilt top is finished and will be on it's way to the basting table very soon. A big thank you to my quilting pals and my blog buddies who nudged me along the way. Ali sends her thanks!
Wishing every one a safe and Happy Easter.

12 comments:
Just beauftiful, all of them. I am such a fan of Marg Low's stuff too.
This is where I say 'I knew it!' LOL!! But seriously, it's not like we have to be the white rabbit that's always in a hurry.
Take your time, there is NO dateline! Only those in your mind :) Lovely blocks for sure.
Well done Elyte on all counts. Ali will soon have her quilt and the blocks look great. Love the little bird key tag. Now there is a gentle reminder to do a few more Farmer's Wife blocks. Sounds like you had a nice day at the quilt show.
Love Shirley.x
Your blocks are looking so good and I love the little birdie trinket. Those wools look so yummy - especially so today because mother nature has forgotten it is the end of April and thinks it is the end of March - very chilly and rainy. Congratulations on your finished quilt top - always a good feeling!
Beautiful blocks Elyte! I love the Richmond's fabrics, saw it on flickr and then I noticed who made it, it must feel good to be catching up a bit and the Farmer's Wife blocks!!!
Your little Birdie Tinket is just gorgeous!!!
There is always lots of inspiration generated after going to a Quilt show/convention, your new projects look wonderful! Good to hear Ali's quilt is coming along!! Enjoy your Easter long weekend!!!
Beautiful blocks Elyte...I had trouble with those blocks too..
Your welcome to do the same with your CW blocks as I have...I won't be making all the blocks either, the quilt for me would end up too big with the setting blocks..
email me if you'd like the cutting info for the setting blocks...it the same size as the CW blocks..
Julia ♥
I love that first block on your post. The brown print in the centre is gorgeous. Your bird trinket is cute. I am into birds at present. I also love your wool pieces. I want to collect some plaids and checks to make little soft toys. Have a Happy Easter.
I love the colours in your Richmond block, they are very soft and subtle. The other blocks are so lovely too. the little bird trinket is so sweet. Will look forward to seeing your wool creations. Wool is very morish.
Your little birdie trinket is so cute, Elyte; I was thrilled with mine too.
The birdie trinket is so adorable! What a fun little project.
Great blocks! You've been busy!
i love your little birdie trinket as well, it is so cute!! Your blocks are looking pretty good too
love the bird trinket Elyte,where do you get your felt and wool from please.
Post a Comment