A New Year has started and life is more relaxed as we are all in holiday mode.
Our Christmas Eve (Kucias) was a beautiful evening spent with my extended family and Christmas Day was very enjoyable spent with my husband's family.
I wanted to start the new year with some sewing so I dusted off the sewing machine yesterday and made myself a fabric basket. I have been wanting to make this basket for the last 12 months. It is from Ayumi's blog and the fabric is Rouenneries by French General. I know it is an old range but I still think that this fabric is so beautiful and I just want to look at it all the time. I have filled it with other fabrics from the range and, for the moment, will use it to decorate a corner of my room.

Blog land seems to be very excited by Barbara Brackman's commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and is offering one block per week together with lots of history. The perfect project for my collection of browns, blues and reds. One little 8" block per week - I can do that!
I have joined some swaps and dragged out some UFO's for attention - so all is good in the world again.
Looking forward to sharing 2011 with you all as I approach my second year of blogging.
13 comments:
Love the basket! I too want to make something from the Rouenneries collection. Was thinking of some kitchen items!
Glad you're joining the CW BOW! I know you can do it and will enjoy it in the process :)
The French General fabrics are so Oh-la-la that you just have to display them. I display my lovely spools of Valdani threads in a little basket! Hope your New Year is full of sewing bliss.
I have been wanting to make one of those little baskets, maybe I will start one today, yours is so lovely.
I am very excited about the Civil War BOW. I plan on keeping up with it if I can.
What a fabulous basket and I just love the French General fabric ranges. Happy stitching in 2011!
Well done to you Elyte, a start and a finish. The little basket looks good. I intend to make that first block this week.
Love Shirley.x
Holidays are the best for getting your inspiration flowing.
Your fabric basket is lovely, I agree with you about those fabrics. The fabrics in the basket are gorgeous too. Look forward to your new project.
A beautiful basket Elyte..
A new year with new inspirations..I'm going to do the CW blocks too..It will be fun to share our work as we go..
Julia ♥
Aren't the Pink Penguin baskets so easy to make and so cute. It looks fabulous in French General fabrics!
I love your bag, it is gorgeous, and French General is such a great range no matter which line of fabrics, be it Rouennieres or Lumiere de Noel, or Maison de Garance - they all look terrfic! It looks super as your header as well.
I just love your new little basket!!
Lisa
Love your bag Elyte, and I agree the French General range is just beautiful. Yes I am pleased that Barbara Brackman is doing the CW BOW, I caught up with her new blog yesterday, I don't know if I will be able to keep up with you all, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out and keeping patterns etc. Glad to see you have overcome your slump and reacquainting yourself with your sewing machine LOL....Merilyn
Your bag is gorgeous and that fabric will never go out of style!!
oh just love those fabrics and your little basket is just adorable!
I still haven't tried to make one of these even though I think they are just adorable
Kathie
Post a Comment