I have been away from the computer for awhile desperately searching for some Christmas spirit. Luckily I found some with little time to spare! All the shopping is done, the Christmas tree is up and decorations have been placed around the house.
My only Christmas project was this little table mat, that I started on my holiday and finished in mid December. I was convinced to try hexagons by Marina and Shirley and thank them for their encouragement. The project was started just after my visit with Shirley in England during the year. I used Insulbright for the wadding so that I could put hot dishes on it, making it a practical and decorative piece.

Our small sewing group had our Christmas dinner last week and we gave each other our gifts. After sharing our time during the year, we shared our surprises with each other with lots of laughter, hugs, good wishes and good food. There was a mug, bowl, notebook, chocolates, two little fabic wall hangings and cake cups.

While on the subject of gifts, I forgot to show you what Shirley gave me during my visit with her in England - two lovely patterns and a very "London" piece of fabric decorated with familiar images of that beautiful city. At the moment I can see this piece as a tea cosy with red piping around the outer edge. That's a project for the new year.

I would like to thank you all for making my first year of blogging so enjoyable and I look forward to a new year filled with friendship and lots of new ideas.
Wishing you and your families a safe and happy Christmas with a wonderful New Year to follow.
May you all be surrounded by the ones you love during this festive season and always.
10 comments:
That fabric will make a lovely tea cosy!
Merry Christmas Elyte to you and yours!
I love those hexagons! Gorgeous. Lovely gifts as well. I recognize the small hanging from Helen Stubbings. I have that pattern in my to do pile.
Lovely hexagons and gifts..
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year..
Julia ♥
Gorgeous xmas mat and goodies. Merry Christmas Elyte!!
Hugs
Jo
I love your tablemat.
Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas, Elyte.
Merry Christmas, Elyte! Your hexie hot pad is very nice. Good work! And your gifts from others are darling, especially the London fabric. Can't wait to see the tea cozy you make.
It's been a privilege to get to know you this year. I wish you and your family Christmas blessings, and bright prospects for 2011. Merry, merry!
Happy Christmas Dear Elyte. Glad you liked your gifts. I am impressed with your hexagons and what a great idea to use heat wadding. I shall look forward to 2011 when we can start on one of those projects. Say when you are ready.
With Love to you.
Shirley.x
Hope you have found enough Christmas spirit to tide you over to the new year!
Your hexies are just wonderful. Are you hooked?
It has been great getting to know you through blogland this past year.
Roll on 2011.
The London fabric is very interesting.
What wonderful gifts! I especially love the little wall hanging...hope you have a wonderful New Year!!
Post a Comment