We have been home for two weeks now and I think that I am finally settling in. Still playing catch up and not much sewing to speak of yet.
The holiday seems like a dream now but the photographs prove that we were really there.
After we left Paris, the old village of Les Angles, just outside Avignon, became our home for a week.

This little house with the green shutters was our home in the village.

The new header photo on my blog shows various shots of the village.
We visited the papal palace in Avignon and wandered along the old bridge.

Another trip was to Arles, where Van Gogh spent a lot of his time. I was playing with Picassa and made a collage of some of the images of Arles. The light truly is different in the South of France and we could understand why many artists chose this area to pursue their art.

The photo bottom left is the lovely little fabric shop we found in Arles. Surrounded by numerous rolls of brightly coloured Provence fabrics, a mother and daughter combination sew a large range of bags, purses and napery. I left this shop with a few packages!

Another village we found was Marsanne, north of Avignon. There was an old village at the top of the hill. After climbing this hill....

we found this old village, much of which is still inhabited.


A climb to the top of the hill found the ruins of the wall and old buildings against spectacular views of the countryside.


The colours of the autumnal countryside were glorious and we just couldn't capture the true colours in our photos.
Last stop ... Spain.

Markets...


Gaudi architecture - Cathedral Sagrada Familia

Park Guell


We descended our favourite Spanish staircase for the last time...

then finally .... home!
12 comments:
I am glad that you are finally home, you look like you had a wonderful time, I really love the pictures. Simply beautiful, especially the market place, it really did remind me with my visit to Egypt last summer . Lovely post, and thank you so much for sharing.
Welcome home.
Love,
-Samya :-)
Lovely photos Elyte, I enjoyed reading your post. Those old French village buildings look amazing! You have some great memories!....Merilyn
It looks really lovely! All those narrow ally ways must be a challenge when there are a few people around. France is one place I would love to visit.
Thanks for bringing back such grand memories. I have been to Avignon and Arles, but never Spain. After seeing your pictures, perhaps we should visit. Welcome home.
Beautiful photos...amazing places..
So glad your back home safe and settling back in..
Julia ♥
Welcome back home!
Gorgeous photographs! I love the views in your new header.
No place like home huh? But the memories that you bring home with you are priceless. Love the pictures and the commentary.
What beautiful building and scenery. I have had a great time too just looking at your photo's. Glad you are settling in now. Wonder what you will do with the fabric? Are you ready for a challenge after Christmas?
Love Shirley.x
Fabulous pics. I really enjoy looking at them. Glad you are home and happy. I received your posty! Thank you. I have it on my treasure board. Take care. As you know, it is the busy time of year!!!!....
Mary
Gorgeous pics Elyte, I love the french pics. When I was young we went os and we stayed with family at Montmiral, a hilltop walled township. I just couldn't take get over the age and beauty of it. It was superb. My rellies used the family home as their holiday retreat. Your pics bring back memories.
wow.........Beautiful shots
Welcome home!! Thank you for sharing your lovely trip with us. All of your posts have been a treat!
Carolyn
Post a Comment