ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Blocks

I too have fallen under the spell of Barbara Brackman's Civil War commemoration blocks. I look forward to exploring this project with Barbara in Malaysia, Shirley in England, Cheryl in the US, Valerie in France, Julia in Western Australia, Miriam in Melbourne and many others. What a great thing Barbara has done to bring us global quilters together for this project and enlighten us with the history of that period.
I have chosen blues, browns and reds for my quilt.

I have neglected my Farmer's Wife recently but not forgotten her. This project just moves slowly along side any other things under construction. These three, and may I introduce from L to R, Corn and Beans (sorry a bit anaemic against that background), Country Farm and Cups and Saucers, are the most recent finishs.
A total of 24 blocks have now been completed.


14 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh no I guess I am going to have to join you and the others making these blocks , once a week is doable!
love your colors!
Kathie

Robyn said...

Those blocks are gorgeous.

Shirley said...

I love the colours you have chosen to do your block. I haven't forgotten The Farmers Wife either but you are way ahead of me there. Not to worry though. I can look at yours and enjoy them. Still love that little bag and it's contents.
Love Shirley.x

Cheryl said...

All your blocks are lovely! Thank you for the new links to other participants and for mentioning my blog!

Frances Leate said...

Great colour choice for the "Catch me if you can" block. I think we are all going to have a lot of fun with this project. Happy stitching!

Sharon said...

Your Civil War block is great, love the colors, they are right up my alley! Yes, it is wonderful how Barbara has brought quilters together from all over the world with this project. I'm ready for tomorrow. By the way, your Farmer's Wife blocks are incredible, you are inticing me to start on this as well...oh my!

FlourishingPalms said...

Aren't you a go-getter!? You're making great progress, and your blocks look so nice. I think you're having fun, and that counts the most. Continue to enjoy.

Sue-Anne said...

HI Elyte, I have only just discovered BB's other blog and I think I might just have to join in as well.

Love your Farmers Wife blocks - they look fantastic all lined up together like that.

marina said...

I admire you making these blocks so much as most are way out of my level of expertise. I don't think I would have the patience. Love the blocks all together they look great.
I enjoy following your progress on these blocks.

Julia said...

Great colour choice Elyte..and I love the Farmer's Wife blocks.
This is going to be so much fun..we are in such good company..inspiring each other along the way..
Julia ♥

Barbara J said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog link on your blog. Glad you have been roped in!

Your colour choices are perfect! And you FW blocks are coming along, slow and steady does it. The FW blocks could be an 'as and when' project ;)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your blocks, they all look great together!

Anonymous said...

Elyte, your FW blocks are just amazing, I also have the book and dreamed of doing those blocks, but just too many distractions LOL - yours are awesome, and I love your BB CW block, good for you, you really have jumped right back in - you have been very busy! Thanks for sharing.......Merilyn

Sheila said...

Hi Elyte,
Just visiting your blog in connection with the new Brackman project - she certainly brings quilters together, doesn't she? - and I love the color combo you chose. You have a lovely blog.
Sheila