ooooOOOOoooo

ooooOOOOoooo

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Christmas again

It feels like Christmas again, giving and receiving gifts.

I carefully prepared the draw for my little give away and my son the DJ took time out from pumping the beats to choose .....


Please send me an email with your address and the French General is yours.
Lisa just started her blog this month and I hope that her first year is as enjoyable as mine has been. Thank you everyone for leaving all your kind comments.

My Christmas Kindle finally arrived so now I can always have lots of books to read.


My bi-monthly fabric samples from Somerset Patchwork and Quilting also arrived. This range is called Manchester by Nancy Gere for Windham fabrics. I think that lovely blue on the top will find it's way into my Civil War BOM.


Two books to add to my collection. I have wanted Lori Smith's book for a long time. It is full of gorgeous little projects and wonderful colour combinations.


I have been playing with colours and made two book marks. The hst one was foundation pieced a few years ago but I wasn't happy with the strips and put them aside. I found them recently, sewed two together, and decided that they could continue life marking the pages of books. Just because I have a kindle doesn't mean that I will forsake books altogether!
I used the foundation method to make the braid. It is darker that I would have liked but it does include a lot of my favourite fabrics. Maybe I should sort the fabrics first - light, dark and medium and work with these groups to control the dark/light element. I tried really hard to get reasonable photos but this is the best I could do.

I will keep playing around with colour and looking through blogs and books and one day the penny will drop.

13 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats to Lisa!!
Love your bookmarks and your pile of repros!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, Lady of the Tiara, you made me laugh again... You showed us a picture of your new Kindle, and then showed us bookmarks you made. Hmm. I'm picturing you putting a bookmark in your Kindle. (giggles)

FlourishingPalms said...

Ooops! Elyte, you are NOT "Lady of the Tiara." That's "Granny Loz" who I've confused you with. SHE's the quilter who posted a story about her tiara. Still, you gave me the giggles, and I appreciate that great start to my day! Thank you!

Shirley said...

Hi Elyte, What a great start for a new blogger to win something nice. Love your fabric choices. What a great idea for the book marks and a great way of using up some small bits of fabric. I may have to have a play at that idea. I have just read a lovely light hearted book by Erica James called The Queen of New Beginnings. Do you think there is a message there for me?
Love Shirley.x

Merilyn said...

Gorgeous fabrics Elyte, they do have some lovely stuff!! Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Kindle? never heard of that before! Love your bookmarks, what a great idea!

marina said...

I'm with Merilyn, what's a Kindle? Is it some new technology?
Love those fabrics they look so pretty all together.
I think the bookmarks look wonderful and the darker fabrics go well. Sometimes it is good to be random.

Julia said...

Great prezzies Elyte..I had to have a chuckle too like Linda...bookmarks and a Kindle!...the bookmarks must be for swaps or gifts, right!..
anyway enjoy your new toy..love the fabrics must check that out..
Julia

Maureen said...

Commenting on the comments - a Kindle is basically an electronic book or eBook reader. I believe Amazon sells it, but there are other versions - Barnes and Noble's is called the Nook. Elyte, your bookmarks are adorable! Love those fabrics and congrats to the winner!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations to the winner! Lori Smith's book is one of my favorites. Your bookmarks are wonderful! Enjoyed the Hewitt match!! Sorry he lost.

Barbara J said...

The bookmarks look intricate! And the fabrics are gorgeous!

Now if Merilyn, can get her head out of Amish country she'll begin to learn there is a progressive world out there! LOL!!

Great book choices!

Sue-Anne said...

Ha ha, now I am laughing too about the Kindle and the bookmarks!!! You will have to let me know how you go with the Kindle, whether you can download all the books you want to read etc. I have been looking into a bit but have found it all very confusing.

Lisa said...

Wow, I am so touched that you mentioned my blog on your post today. Thank you. On top of that I won!!!! This year is looking so promising.
Those bookmarks are too cute. I would love to see you put them to use with your new Kindle ;)
Thank you again, and I will have to get busy deciding what wonderful project to make with my fabulous charm pack.

Lisa

marian said...

oooh i LOVE your quilty bookmarks, Elyte especially the braided one..very nice :)x